Vaccine and Religion

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2021, 06:48 PM

we all needed to be vaccinated to start school back in the sixties. you get jabbed with everything you can think of before going overseas in the military, get flu shots(vaccines) every year, what the hell is the problem..
Old 10-21-2021, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frose View Post
we all needed to be vaccinated to start school back in the sixties. you get jabbed with everything you can think of before going overseas in the military, get flu shots(vaccines) every year, what the hell is the problem..

Maybe it's a matter of having the freedom of choice as to whether or not you wish being vaccinated. Maybe some folks are tired of being told one thing today and another tomorrow, regarding this virus and the protection the vaccination may or may not produce. Maybe to some, it is a political thing (hope not). Americans do not like to be FORCED to comply with the whims of others, right or wrong.

Everyone dies eventually. The question is what will you do to insure a longer life? When it comes right down to it, it is NOT a matter of protecting your neighbor. In reality, your neighbor only counts if it is convenient for you. Most won't agree, but that is the simple truth.

I am not an anti-vaxxer, but I still do not get the flu shot. Never had the flu and never saw the reason to get it. The FLU shot is not mandated by the gov and neither should the Covid vaccination be mandated. Just my opinion.

Last edited by MDLNB; 10-23-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
The religious objection is due to using fetal parts from aborted babies used in the development of the vaccine. Also, recipient has recovered from CV previously and tests positive for antibodies. Both donor and recipient were willing to sign waivers releasing the hospital from any liability if either one was to die of CV.

This has nothing to do with CV or risk or science. This is a Woke hospital that doesn't care if patients of a perceived political belief receive proper treatment or not.
Hmmmm Why is the fact that the woman is a covid survivor and tests positive for antibodies missing from most press reports and 99% of the comments in this thread?

This lady could easily prove that as a covid survivor, she is much less likely to be reinfected than a fully vaccinated person is likely to get a breakthrough case.

The data shows that reinfections are less than 1% of cases and very rare. The CDC and numerous states have reported breakthrough cases running at 25% during the delta surge.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
If she would rather die than get the vaccination, then I guess that is her right.
Called 'Thining the Herd"
Old 10-22-2021, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Hmmmm Why is the fact that the woman is a covid survivor and tests positive for antibodies missing from most press reports and 99% of the comments in this thread?

This lady could easily prove that as a covid survivor, she is much less likely to be reinfected than a fully vaccinated person is likely to get a breakthrough case.

The data shows that reinfections are less than 1% of cases and very rare. The CDC and numerous states have reported breakthrough cases running at 25% during the delta surge.
Last I checked cruise lines do not accept Covid survivors for embarkation on ships. Maybe in the future, that may change. Cruise lines accept proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test for embarkation.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Last I checked cruise lines do not accept Covid survivors for embarkation on ships. Maybe in the future, that may change. Cruise lines accept proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test for embarkation.

Cruise lines are desperate for passengers, and will practically pay you to ride with them.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:21 PM
Veteran member

Man has created every goddess and god he has ever worshiped, all 12,000+ of them. No man made religion has come out against vaccinations, that I m aware of. If a person doesn't want to accept science, then all science should be denied to them, including hospitalization, should they get COVID. How would you ever justify being against science trying to prevent you from getting COVID and then accepting science trying to save you? It doesn't make sense, rationally.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Cruise lines are desperate for passengers, and will practically pay you to ride with them.
What? Have you checked cruise fares lately?
Old 10-23-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
If a person doesn't want to accept science, then all science should be denied to them, including hospitalization, should they get COVID. How would you ever justify being against science trying to prevent you from getting COVID and then accepting science trying to save you? It doesn't make sense, rationally.
Since the CDC says that 78% of covid deaths are obese people, and since the USA is the most obese nation on earth which is one of the main reasons we have the world's highest death total, I'm going to rewrite your comment.

If an obese person doesn't want to accept science, then all science should be denied to them, including hospitalization, should they get COVID. How would you ever justify being against science trying to prevent you from dying from COVID and then accepting science trying to save you? It doesn't make sense, rationally.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,741 Posts

I find it interesting that in my northern city the millennials refer to those who are unvaccinated as the “dirty” people. And these were the same guys who used to call Covid “the boomer remover”.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Since the CDC says that 78% of covid deaths are obese people, and since the USA is the most obese nation on earth which is one of the main reasons we have the world's highest death total, I'm going to rewrite your comment.

If an obese person doesn't want to accept science, then all science should be denied to them, including hospitalization, should they get COVID. How would you ever justify being against science trying to prevent you from dying from COVID and then accepting science trying to save you? It doesn't make sense, rationally.
Not only is your rewrite foolish, it is based on a faulty analysis. You misunderstand the numbers presented in a study that acknowledged it's own limitations. I explained this before yet here it is again.

Two common errors: using bad data and using data badly.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-23-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Not only is your rewrite foolish, it is based on a faulty analysis. You misunderstand the numbers presented in a study that acknowledged it's own limitations. I explained this before yet here it is again.

Two common errors: using bad data and using data badly.
You explained nothing before but came up with a bunch a gibberish about how the CDC was wrong about the 78% obesity in their study. Notice that no one in that thread agreed with your analysis? Should give you a clue.

Go to any hospital that treats covid and ask them if obesity is associated with a very large percentage of their hospitalized, intubated, or dead patients. That's what the CDC measured and that's what they found. Let us know when you have corrected the CDC errors.

You don't need a scientific study to know that obesity has played a huge part in the death toll from covid. Obesity causes heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes etc etc that are tops on the list for commorbidities that are associated with severe covid.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
What? Have you checked cruise fares lately?

I know folks that pay very little; mostly taxes and port fees. They go on at least one cruise a year. Personally, I do not see the lure, but different strokes.......and all that.
Closed Thread

Tags
religion, kidney, vaccine, surgery, drugs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.