Vaccine side effects are actually a GOOD thing

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2021, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms4rn View Post
I work as an RN. I don’t know anyone in my profession willing to take the vaccine. Rushed to market without thorough testing. Unknown side effects down the road. What’s the point if you still have to wear a face diaper and get re-vaccinated every year for something with a > than 99% survival rate?
Talk to a real COVID nurse. The infected 1% spend their final horrible 1-3 weeks drowning alone on their own body fluids. Another 2-3% have long term after effects in major body organs or suffer multiple mini strokes (brain fog) due to thousands of microembolisms.

Medical professionals that ignor medicine and science who are not willing to reduce the risk of infecting their susceptible patients should find another profession. At least let their patients know so they can ask for someone else.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Sulpose you are in the 1% group. It is like putting on a seat belt there is a 99% chance you will NOT be in an accident but you do it as a secondary protection method.
There is a percentage of people who die BECAUSE they were a seat belt. There are no guarantees in life...
Old 02-15-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Actually, no. That can also happen if enough people are exposed to the virus and their God-given immune systems respond and create and immunity.
Let's see, if there have been at least as many asymptomatic cases as there have been confirmed cases (27M) that means about 54M people in the US have been infected so far.

If the current fatality rate among confirmed cases is 1.5% then that means the overall fatality rate including asymptomatic infections is about 0.75%.

If you need 80% of the population to be immune then with 300M people in the US that would be 240M infections.

At a fatality rate of 0.75%, 240M infections would lead to 1,800,000 deaths. Since we are close to 500,000 deaths today, that means only 1,300,000 more people would be expected to die for enough people to be exposed to the virus and their God-given immune systems to respond and give immunity.

So, we can move forward with the vaccine or we can look forward to 1,300,000 more deaths: I know what my choice is.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-15-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What's the point? A person will not die of Covid, that is the point. A person will not have the "long haul" effects of Covid if they do survive. That's the point.

You claim there is a huge percentage that people survive Covid, BUT that small percentage of people who don't survive can be a real killer! I guess you and your health care professional friends are willing to take that gamble??? Good luck to you all.

Masking will eventually be a thing of the past once our population reaches herd immunity. That will only happen if enough people are vaccinated.
Who knows what the "long haul" after effects of the virus are? Additionally, no one knows what the "long haul" effects of the RNA vaccine are?
Seems you are accepting risk either way..
Old 02-15-2021, 08:10 AM

Yep, go ahead and believe the CDC and your current Government.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:11 AM

Thank you for the video. It was great. However, I almost regret opening the thread because I started reading the debate again.
Part of the issue is age. The survival rate is lower and hospitalization rate higher as you get older. The medical profession seems to reflect the general population in their feelings about the vaccine. We don’t know the long term effects of the vaccine, but we don’t know the long term effects of COVID. Bottom line, make the decision that’s best for you and give the debate a rest. Also, if you can, over tip, give to food pantries, do what ever you can to help those whose lives have been so turned up side down who are mainly under but also over 65. Be blessed.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:16 AM

Wow. The Villages seems to have more Covid-19 experts than I could ever imagined. Totally amazing.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:17 AM

Thank you for saying what we believe!
Old 02-15-2021, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms4rn View Post
I work as an RN. I don’t know anyone in my profession willing to take the vaccine. Rushed to market without thorough testing. Unknown side effects down the road. What’s the point if you still have to wear a face diaper and get re-vaccinated every year for something with a > than 99% survival rate?
A CDC survey back in November showed that 63% of healthcare workers are ready to get the vaccine, and the numbers are higher today.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbas View Post
Sorry, not sure I fully believe those saying medical professionals refusing.

This is mRNA, a different technology, not the old method of injecting dead cells.

They have been working on this since 2005, making great strides which is why it was ready in under a year. This will be the model of the future and will enable faster responses.

Fauci could not have said it better

“ The speed is a reflection of years of work that went before,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top U.S. infectious disease expert, told The Associated Press. “That’s what the public has to understand.”

Creating vaccines and having results from rigorous studies less than a year after the world discovered a never-before-seen disease is incredible, cutting years off normal development. But the two U.S. frontrunners are made in a way that promises speedier development may become the norm — especially if they prove to work long-term as well as early testing suggests.”

For the anti-vaxers posting here, thanks for your “ this is the way we’ve always done it” input. You’re outdated.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
You've repeatedly stated medical professionals refusing vaccine, what's your source?

The only study I've found had that rate at 19%, about the same as the general population. Of that 19%, over half worked in retirement communities. Which explains the high infection rates in those facilities...

Where do you work?
Ahhh you are looking for a study, instead of being in the real world of working in hospitals. You also seem to think it’s only at the facility I am affiliated with. My affiliation is 9 hospitals. The parent company is over 300, not counting off site, outpatient facilities.

As of 2/11, it was the employees choice to be vaccinated. Their reasons are personal, younger staff have different reasoning, than older staff. Plus those who live an organic life, and don’t use any big pharm. When you work since March, actually know you are exposed everyday, not guessing, it’s a different perspective. One is exposed every day in medical facilities, to something, it’s just one more thing on the list

Last edited by asianthree; 02-15-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:27 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

four of us went together for the second dose. all four had a reaction. two had extreme exhaustion, two had aches and chills. nothing lasted more that 12-18 hours. we'd do it again if needed. No reaction whatsoever to the first dose. we're all so very glad and grateful to be fully vaccinated
Old 02-15-2021, 08:32 AM

So are the ones who refuse to take the vaccine willing to accept that those who have taken it will be exempt from being forced to ware masks?
Old 02-15-2021, 08:41 AM

The Long term effects of breathing is Death.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post

Eventually, not having the vaccination shot could deny you air travel, cruises, mass transit, and other large crowd gatherings.
The airlines & cruise lines have been discussing a vaccination card or proof requirement before boarding.

Dr. Fauci Says a Mandated Vaccine for Travel '''Is on the Table''' in New Interview | Travel + Leisure

But the town squares & bars will be exempt

Tags
vaccines, mrna, watch, video, taking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.