Vapor or Smoke?

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Default Vapor or Smoke?

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 50 years.I had a knee replacement in Sept.
I knew I wasn't able to smoke so I bought a vape (a Vaporesso Target Pro) and a carton of cigs.I thought if I could reduce my cig intake with a mechical,Lord and behold I was able to totally reduce my dependence on smoking cig's.I ended up giving away my carton of cigs and never looked back.I feel great,my wife feels great that I'm saving my life.So any other vapeor's out with stories or smokers that want to quit cigs get a hold of me.
(I already know that propylene glycol is used as a antifreeze,it's also used as a deliverer for the medication in a asthma inhaler)
Old 01-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
I knew I wasn't able to smoke so I bought a vape (a Vaporesso Target Pro) and a carton of cigs.I thought if I could reduce my cig intake with a mechical,Lord and behold I was able to totally reduce my dependence on smoking cig's.I ended up giving away my carton of cigs and never looked back.I feel great,my wife feels great that I'm saving my life.So any other vapeor's out with stories or smokers that want to quit cigs get a hold of me.
(I already know that propylene glycol is used as a antifreeze,it's also used as a deliverer for the medication in a asthma inhaler)
You smoked 2 packs a day for 50 years! Wow. That's longer than I have been alive! Guess smoking doesn't really kill you all that fast... Wow...

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
I was also a two pack a day smoker for many years before I was able to give it up. If they would have had those Vapor cigs when I quit I would have tried them. Regardless I think you made a great swap. Congrats
Old 01-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Sage

I know a lot of young people that would have never smoked cigarettes but smoke those flavored nicotine hookahs.

Sad for them, they are now addicted to nicotine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
You smoked 2 packs a day for 50 years! Wow. That's longer than I have been alive! Guess smoking doesn't really kill you all that fast... Wow...

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk
I think you'll find most people here are older than you if you're younger than 50.

I smoked 2-1/2 packs a day, or about 50 cigarettes a day for 36 years. I quit in 2006 by using a prescription drug called Chantix. You may have seen it advertised on TV, they usually have someone who has quit smoking talking about their product. I enjoyed smoking and just tried Chantix to make my wife happy. After 5 days I had quit and never smoked again, that was ten years ago last month. It's a different type drug, it doesn't contain nicotine like gum or patches, it works on the sensors in the brain that grave nicotine. It will block them out, however you may get some really weird nightmares and I coudn't wait until that 30 days was over.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I think you'll find most people here are older than you if you're younger than 50.

I smoked 2-1/2 packs a day, or about 50 cigarettes a day for 36 years. I quit in 2006 by using a prescription drug called Chantix. You may have seen it advertised on TV, they usually have someone who has quit smoking talking about their product. I enjoyed smoking and just tried Chantix to make my wife happy. After 5 days I had quit and never smoked again, that was ten years ago last month. It's a different type drug, it doesn't contain nicotine like gum or patches, it works on the sensors in the brain that grave nicotine. It will block them out, however you may get some really weird nightmares and I coudn't wait until that 30 days was over.
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 07:39 PM
Gold member

Congratulations!
I couldn't quit using any prescribed methods.
Vaping worked for me!
Lot's of info on this forum:
E-Cigarette Forum
Old 01-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I quit cold turkey 43 years ago.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

OP, as a former smoker who quit four times before it stuck, I think it doesn't matter how long you smoked, but the fact that you found some way to quit is fantastic. I know how good it feels to have quit. Congratulations.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I was a closet smoker only the ones that knew were my wife and sons pack a day for some reason started when I was 25...Quit when I was 38 cold turkey took 3 tries
Like most smokers wish I never started...Very disgusting filthy habit in any form
Old 01-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Close to 3 pack's a day near the end of my smoking career of about 40 years. Double Pneumonia and not being able to catch a good breath would make you think quitting smoking would be easy but the minute I started feeling better I fell off the recovery wagon. I ended up staying on the patch full strength for about a year and a half.

I always resented having to go outside to puff but resented quietly because I didn't want to hurt my grandkids with second hand smoke. If your thinking about stopping do whatever is needed. I gave away all my prized lighters and ashtrays and sat in different places than the ones where I did the smoking. I promise it is worth it. Think of the money you will free up!!$$ January 2nd was the 3 year anniversary for us. My wifes support was important, I would have not made it this far without her.

Last edited by Nucky; 01-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
carton, reduce, cigs.i, cigs, smoke

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.