good riddance Country Village Dental

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2015, 04:27 PM
Gold member
Default good riddance Country Village Dental

On February 18, 2015 I returned to the dentist Dr. Toombs to have a temporary bridge removed to take an impression of area for the permanent bridge. WHen the medical assistant came in she removed the temporary and then went to the Dr and advised that I was sensitive. I expressed that I was ok- I informed him that I was not happy- by saying that "his friggin wife should stop hounding me about $298, as she had already done 3 times" that was owed"beyond the $1200 already paid He then told me to get another dentist- and asked me to leave. the medical assistant then came in I said "well I already paid for the service. I was then asked to leave the office by the Dr..I now have an empty space in my mouth with no temporary bridge as it was removed,I will now need his work redone and this leaves me in worse condition then when I started
Old 02-18-2015, 05:12 PM

Sure hope you get your money back through small claims if necessary. Let us know how this turns out.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Gold member

I don't know Dr Toombs, but he sounds like my kind of guy.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

File a complaint with Seniors vs Crime

Sumter County

Sumter County Office
Seniors Vs Crime Project
Sumter County Sheriff’s Annex
8035 East CR 466-Suite C
The Villages, FL 32162
Open: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Hours: 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Phone (352) 689-4600 Ext. 4606
Fax: (352) 689-4601
Manager: Georgia Lifsey
Manager will be Bryan Lifsey effective January 1, 2014
sumtersvc@gmail.com
Mailing Address:
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office – The Villages District
Sumter County Government Annex Building
8035 East CR 466-Suite C
The Villages, FL 32162

Wildwood Office
2722 Brownwood Blvd.
The Villages, FL 32162
Located in the Wildwood Police Annex off State Rd. 44 north on Brownwood Blvd. Office is located next to the Barnstorm Theater
Wildwoodsvc@yahoo.com
Manager: Edward Kelly
Open: Wednesday
Hours:10:00 am - 2:00 pm
(352) 750-1914
Mailing address:
c/o Wildwood Police Department
100 Huey St.
Wildwood, FL 34785
Old 02-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Platinum member

my father always said "you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar".....what you said was disrespectful to his wife and he reacted emotionally. I would never anger someone about to do work in my mouth....

I would calm down, then call the office and apologize and ask to start fresh.

If you owed the money, you owed the money. You don't get your car back from a mechanic until the bill's paid....

you hit a nerve....doctors and dentists usually have so much in the owed column of their businesses because people think they don't need to pay it.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

The dentist was right to send you away. Apparently you ignored the first, the second, and the third call about your bill. Then you created a hostile atmosphere in the office where you did not just insult some anonymous collection person, you actually knew it was the dentist's wife.

Given that comment, the likelihood the dentist would be able to do his job well was zero as his mental state would interfere with good dentistry. Out you go.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The dentist was right to send you away. Apparently you ignored the first, the second, and the third call about your bill. Then you created a hostile atmosphere in the office where you did not just insult some anonymous collection person, you actually knew it was the dentist's wife.

Given that comment, the likelihood the dentist would be able to do his job well was zero as his mental state would interfere with good dentistry. Out you go.
True. I would say the OP got a better deal by being ejected than if he had been treated. Pain is inherent in dentistry...how much pain is somewhat under the dentist's control.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Sage

I wonder if there is an honest dentist left in this country? I went for periodontal treatment and woke up with most of my upper teeth gone. Yes, I got into a confrontation with the insurance girl before the procedure and believe the dentist put me in my place. No, I didn't challenge this - he had the degree and I had no proof, only a suspicion. I was asleep and went into the procedure thinking I was getting gum surgery.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Dental Bill

My Brother in Law was a Dentist and he use to say that people will first pay for the car, meals out, Clubs, etc. and the last they would pay were either the Doctor or the Dentist. I make it a practice to immediately pay the Dr or the Dentist in order to ensure they will be a appreciative of me as I am of them.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

and there is always another side to the story.....right wrong or indifferent.....there always is!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
my father always said "you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar".....what you said was disrespectful to his wife and he reacted emotionally. I would never anger someone about to do work in my mouth....

I would calm down, then call the office and apologize and ask to start fresh.

If you owed the money, you owed the money. You don't get your car back from a mechanic until the bill's paid....

you hit a nerve....doctors and dentists usually have so much in the owed column of their businesses because people think they don't need to pay it.
his wife disrespected me with the way she nagged on. nobody said he wasn't being paid. in fact he was going to be paid that visit until his wife aggressively continued the rant she had started on the phone for the money.

It wasn't the money, that was covered, it was her obnoxious treatment of me, the patient. by the way, an apology was offered.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
his wife disrespected me with the way she nagged on. nobody said he wasn't being paid. in fact he was going to be paid that visit until his wife aggressively continued the rant she had started on the phone for the money.

It wasn't the money, that was covered, it was her obnoxious treatment of me, the patient. by the way, an apology was offered.
so, you were going to pay what was owed until the wife nagged you some more so you decided not to pay? seems to me had you paid the bill after the first call all this would have been avoided.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Gold member

This one is perfect for Judge Judy !
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Only, on Judge Judy, the dentist would be his brother.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.