The Village Health United Healthcare Medicare Complete 2 PPO/HMO advantage plan

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 06:05 PM
Angry The Village Health United Healthcare Medicare Complete 2 PPO/HMO advantage plan

Just got an email to check our plan for 2021 changes. United Healthcare has done away with the $83.00 plan listed in the title. Now they will only offer an HMO. We are gone in the summer so the plan we have is for those who are not in The Villages full time. It was created after they dropped Medicare to keep unhappy insureds on the books. Does anyone know if they are adding another advantage plan to replace it?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springtime View Post
Just got an email to check our plan for 2021 changes. United Healthcare has done away with the $83.00 plan listed in the title. Now they will only offer an HMO. We are gone in the summer so the plan we have is for those who are not in The Villages full time. It was created after they dropped Medicare to keep unhappy insureds on the books. Does anyone know if they are adding another advantage plan to replace it?
Have you checked to see if the UHC Passport that's part of the UHC Advantage HMO plan works for you? It allows you to move your plan back and forth between The Villages and where you go during the summer. It does not cover every county in the US but UHC has added a lot of new counties for 2021. We have neighbors who go north for summer and it seems to work well for them.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:47 PM

That is the plan we currently have which includes the passport program. We saw on the website that it will no longer be available with United Health Care. It is changing to an HMO. I think a lot of insureds don’t even know it yet. I am going to call The Villages Health on Monday.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
That is the plan we currently have which includes the passport program. We saw on the website that it will no longer be available with United Health Care. It is changing to an HMO. I think a lot of insureds don’t even know it yet. I am going to call The Villages Health on Monday.
I currently have the UHC HMO (not PPO) plan and it includes Passport and so does the new 2021 HMO plan.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:50 AM

Would you give me the website link so I can see what additional counties have been added for 2021 passport program? I can only find the 2020 list of counties. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2020, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Would you give me the website link so I can see what additional counties have been added for 2021 passport program? I can only find the 2020 list of counties. Thanks!
You've got to go down to page 15 to see the added counties.

https://www.medicare.uhc.com/alphadm...df/4802878.pdf

I got this by going to uhc.com and logging into my account there. Near the top of the page is a "Prepare for Next Year" icon that takes you to a bunch of stuff about what is changing.
Closed Thread

Tags
plan, advantage, medicare, healthcare, united

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.