The Villages Cardiac Care - Gold standard

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Smile The Villages Cardiac Care - Gold standard

Dr. Brian Saluck is Gold

In The Villages, where medicine is often practiced without the patients best interest at heart, Dr Saluck, of Citrus Cardiology is of highest quality: he's the Gold Standard. His staff at Citrus Cardiology is equally caring and display high values.

After having experienced too many indifferent physicians and listening to countless stories of dissatisfaction from other Villagers, I would like to spread the word, that from my first hand experience, Dr. Saluck is an anomoly and a model for high quality cardiac care.

I speak from nearly five years of having disappointing and sometimes maddening experiences within The Villages medical community. Even after exhaustive research, if it were not for the insistence of my PCP, Dr. Glenn McKeon, I likely would not have known about Dr. Saluck and would not have received his care.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevergreen View Post
Dr. Brian Saluck is Gold

In The Villages, where medicine is often practiced without the patients best interest at heart, Dr Saluck, of Citrus Cardiology is of highest quality: he's the Gold Standard. His staff at Citrus Cardiology is equally caring and display high values.

After having experienced too many indifferent physicians and listening to countless stories of dissatisfaction from other Villagers, I would like to spread the word, that from my first hand experience, Dr. Saluck is an anomoly and a model for high quality cardiac care.

I speak from nearly five years of having disappointing and sometimes maddening experiences within The Villages medical community. Even after exhaustive research, if it were not for the insistence of my PCP, Dr. Glenn McKeon, I likely would not have known about Dr. Saluck and would not have received his care.
I am pleased with Citrus Cardiology. I see Dr. Miryla. That isn't spelled right. He has excellent credentials and is kind and warm. His PA is absolutely the dearest woman and the smartest too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-16-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I had no complaints about Villages Health. My doctor listened, never rushed. I always felt I was in good hands and would still be there were it not for insurance.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevergreen View Post
Dr. Brian Saluck is Gold

Dr. Saluck is a cocky little smart-azz, who usually has a snarky response to simple questions (at least with me).

I love him!

While in for a cardiac checkup, I showed him where a young butcher had cut out some skin cancer...and the area had become infected.

While still in the examining room, he took photos of my problem with his phone, texted it to his and his family's personal dermatologist and then after receiving an almost immediate response...told me to head straight there.

I don't know of too many doctors who would have gone to that much effort and trouble.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

There are a lot of good physicians in and around The Villages. I don't believe most of them ignore the what is in the patients best interest. My wife has received excellent care from her Villages Health PCP and Cardiologist... their efforts solved some serious cardiac problems and got her back to normal.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Wheather in Illinois, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Oregon, Georgia, Arizona or The Villages, Florida you are going to find pretty much the same caring and non-caring doctors. Given the growth and age of residents in The Villages, we don't have enough doctors period.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The healthcare problem I believe is ubiquitous and the result of the combination of lower standards at teaching institutes, healthcare legislation by politicians who know only what gets votes, government massive regulations and price controls, interference by health insurance companies

emergency rooms problems also ubiquitous

Median time spent in an ER by patients who were DISCHARGED national median 138 minutes.

Best time North Dakota 99 minutes
Lowest time New Jersey 154
Florida tied with new jersey at 154 minutes

Median time for patient in ER who were ADMITTED national median 279 minutes

Best state South Dakota 178
Worst state on DC 485
Florida not in either column

Figures are for 12 months ending September 2016
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Old 09-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The healthcare problem I believe is ubiquitous and the result of the combination of lower standards at teaching institutes, healthcare legislation by politicians who know only what gets votes, government massive regulations and price controls, interference by health insurance companies

emergency rooms problems also ubiquitous

Median time spent in an ER by patients who were DISCHARGED national median 138 minutes.

Best time North Dakota 99 minutes
Lowest time New Jersey 154
Florida tied with new jersey at 154 minutes

Median time for patient in ER who were ADMITTED national median 279 minutes

Best state South Dakota 178
Worst state on DC 485
Florida not in either column

Figures are for 12 months ending September 2016
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Please provide a link for the numbers you are citing.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:22 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
????did you not see the citation at the bottom

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
There is a lot of data about timely care in Emergency Rooms and other areas on cms.org, though it takes some effort to dig it out. Here is a link:

Datasets | Data.Medicare.gov | Data.Medicare.Gov

Look at the datasets for "Timely and Effective Care". They include ER and other data nationally, by state, and by some particular hospital.

The WSJ also has the data broken down by hospital... most of our local hospitals are here including TVH

See Where Your Hospital Ranks in Emergency-Room Times - WSJ

The WSJ says their data also comes from cms.org
Old 09-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Veteran member

///
Old 09-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

///
Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
There is a lot of data about timely care in Emergency Rooms and other areas on cms.org, though it takes some effort to dig it out. Here is a link:

Datasets | Data.Medicare.gov | Data.Medicare.Gov

Look at the datasets for "Timely and Effective Care". They include ER and other data nationally, by state, and by some particular hospital.

The WSJ also has the data broken down by hospital... most of our local hospitals are here including TVH

See Where Your Hospital Ranks in Emergency-Room Times - WSJ

The WSJ says their data also comes from cms.org
Thank you for the links.

There is a reason that providing a link to the source, rather than just cut/pasting the writing...is required.

While it might not be done purposely, changing the wording and then just putting in a supposed source so that the reader has to go look it up/find it (instead of clicking on the exact link from whence the info was derived)...is always a real possibility.

Particularly if someone plagiarized, then added or changed a few sentences here and there...to make it look like their own thoughts/words.
Closed Thread

Tags
saluck, gold, villages, care, cardiology

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.