Orthorexia Nervosa's counterpart: "Overindulgeorexia"

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Sage
Default Orthorexia Nervosa's counterpart: "Overindulgeorexia"

Just as Orthorexia may be an important warning sign, especially for parents, Overindulgeorexia may serve as an important warning sign too. In the first instance, a child may be on the way to becoming anorexic. In the second instance, a child may be on the way to becoming overweight and eventually obese. And, of course, adults are not immune to these conditions. The following is a checklist of warning signs to look for:

Overindulgeorexia warning signs:

* Do you consider eating to be your main form of pleasurable recreation?
* Are you an emotional eater, eating when you're happy, sad, bored or angry?
* Do you think about food often (3 or more hours) throughout the day?
* Do you feel superior because you feel that you enjoy eating more than others do?
* Do you look for opportunities to engage in "happy-talk" with others about your favorite high calorie foods?
* Do you limit your friends to others who are like-minded?
* Does eating-pleasure block out all thoughts of nutrition and health?
* Has the quality of your life decreased as the quantity of food has increased?
* Has your self-esteem gone down as you lose control of your eating?
* Do you frequently end a meal feeling stuffed?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not being negative. I am not being judgmental. I am simply trying to figure out your reason for continuing to post the same information over and over again. If you think you are going to convert someone to your thinking, it will likely never ever ever happen. I presume your posts have a negative connotation because of the experiences you have had in the past when you lecture others without successful conversions. I made the decision 20 years ago to stop eating meat (or at least eat a great deal less). I made this decision for me -- not my friends, family, husband, or people on TOTV. People could know me for years and not know. We eat out and the subject never comes up. I would like to thank my friends for not pointing out my faults during my smoking years, and I promise I won't lecture you about what you are eating.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Gold member

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) - Mayo Clinic
Old 04-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I am not being negative. I am not being judgmental. I am simply trying to figure out your reason for continuing to post the same information over and over again. If you think you are going to convert someone to your thinking, it will likely never ever ever happen. I presume your posts have a negative connotation because of the experiences you have had in the past when you lecture others without successful conversions. I made the decision 20 years ago to stop eating meat (or at least eat a great deal less). I made this decision for me -- not my friends, family, husband, or people on TOTV. People could know me for years and not know. We eat out and the subject never comes up. I would like to thank my friends for not pointing out my faults during my smoking years, and I promise I won't lecture you about what you are eating.
Well said.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
The subject would be incapable of not discussing or bringing attention to his/her fixation. It would probably be impossible for him/her to NOT bring it up in some form for a month.

The more it is suppressed. the more he/she needs to think and talk about it.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
I am not being negative. I am not being judgmental. I am simply trying to figure out your reason for continuing to post the same information over and over again.
I have never posted this this particular information before. Information has been posted, over and over again, about orthorexia and, amazingly, no one has ever complained about it. No one calls that Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), as you will see it called in other posts below.

Quote:
If you think you are going to convert someone to your thinking, it will likely never ever ever happen. I presume your posts have a negative connotation because of the experiences you have had in the past when you lecture others without successful conversions.
Really? Is there a negative connotation? How is it any different than when others post the warning signs of Orthorexia? How is one different from the other? As far as unsuccessful conversions, is this another attempt by this board to convert me - to silence me?

Quote:
I made the decision 20 years ago to stop eating meat (or at least eat a great deal less). I made this decision for me -- not my friends, family, husband, or people on TOTV.
Congratulations on accomplishing your goal! Did you notice I didn't even say a word about animal protein or veganism on this thread?

Quote:
People could know me for years and not know. We eat out and the subject never comes up. I would like to thank my friends for not pointing out my faults during my smoking years, and I promise I won't lecture you about what you are eating.
Thanks for your post and have a good day.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Another day, another ..........
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Stirring-a-pot.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	50417  
Old 04-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage

You just did - i.e. Mention a word about veganism and animal protein in this post.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Information has been posted, over and over again, about orthorexia and, amazingly, no one has ever complained about it.

Amazing.

As far as unsuccessful conversions, is this another attempt by this board to convert me - to silence me?

What board is trying to silence you?

Did you notice I didn't even say a word about animal protein or veganism on this thread?
Post # 6 and you're mentioning animal protein and veganism.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I didn't understand the answer, if you gave one. My question is: Why do you continue to post the same information over and over? The examples may be different, but the topic is the same. You can take this to the bank: I am not part of some conspiracy to silence you. I can do that by simply scrolling past your posts, although it takes a while when you get on a roll. Have you considered teaching a course at the college somewhere -- maybe California or Boulder, Colorado? You could get paid to talk, and your students would have to listen.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
I didn't understand the answer, if you gave one. My question is: Why do you continue to post the same information over and over? The examples may be different, but the topic is the same. You can take this to the bank: I am not part of some conspiracy to silence you. I can do that by simply scrolling past your posts, although it takes a while when you get on a roll. Have you considered teaching a course at the college somewhere -- maybe California or Boulder, Colorado? You could get paid to talk, and your students would have to listen.
No roll for VPL. Carbs you know.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

All I know is I beat anorexia, and pretty badly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.