Villages ER wait

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
This place sounds like a bloody nightmare! How do we get to a real hospital if we need one in TV? I can’t see myself ever voluntarily going to this hospital.

When I went to Strub Hospital in Honolulu I couldn’t believe that I was in, tested and seen by doctor for bronchitis and was on my way with prescriptions in an hour. Hospital did follow up calls.

In Kailua, Hawaii when I broke my knee I was seen within 15 min at Castle Hospital, stabilized and the surgeon called me the next day to discuss options. I chose to fly home. Again hospital did follow up calls to see how I was on my cell 3 times a day. I was on Allianz insurance which bargains with the hospital on bills.

I’m afraid to get sick in TV. Do I need to arrange for access to private nurse and how I get to Orlando in an emergency?
You are not in Hawaii.....if you can afford it, get that private nurse and hire a helicopter to take you where you feel comfortable. From your post, I am assuming you have never been to either Leesburg or TVRH but are judging based on the small fraction of folks that bash on here with limited information.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

I am a snowbird for now. And Allianz is like Bluecross, they pay all your medical expenses. International insurance for anywhere in the world.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You are not in Hawaii.....if you can afford it, get that private nurse and hire a helicopter to take you where you feel comfortable. From your post, I am assuming you have never been to either Leesburg or TVRH but are judging based on the small fraction of folks that bash on here with limited information.
You are right, I picked TV over Hawaii for several reasons. I would like to know what I should do if I get sick in TV. Allianz would pay for helicopter if necessary. But I can’t believe what I am reading here about this hospital. Scares the *** out of me.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If your friend is waiting to be admitted at TVRH they are probably in a comfortable bed in a cubicle, hooked up to a bunch of monitors and under the eyes of nurses while they wait for patients to leave so there is room. This is spring break, the time when hoards of people visit Florida and make it the busiest time all year. Many people get sick and are away from their family physicians so E.R.s and Urgent Cares are flooded.

I hope your neighbor is admitted soon, gets better soon and joins the fun again soon.
I agree Gracie, I knw the wait is long but they do try to make you comfortable. The waiting room is more of a concern for me.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
You are right, I picked TV over Hawaii for several reasons. I would like to know what I should do if I get sick in TV. Allianz would pay for helicopter if necessary. But I can’t believe what I am reading here about this hospital. Scares the *** out of me.
Don’t worry happy
Old 04-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Sage

Knowledge never kills, but ignorance can.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:58 PM

Noot quite true. Take a look at who the Board of Directors are of TVRH
Old 04-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage

I looked at the board of directors, but not sure what to make of them. Any hints?
Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
What’s Allianz?
An insurance company
Old 04-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Sage

I just read the PAO Bulletin on this hospital. Am I the only one who hears loud alarm bells about what is written? The justification for the low rating is that they have to serve an older demographic, a retirement community. Well then. This should be included in the Lifestyle advertisements to the world: “We are an active community. Keep in mind, you better stay healthy if you want to be here.”

I love The Villages, (my uncle was friends with Harold S) but, we HAVE to do better in this area.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I just read the PAO Bulletin on this hospital. Am I the only one who hears loud alarm bells about what is written? The justification for the low rating is that they have to serve an older demographic, a retirement community. Well then. This should be included in the Lifestyle advertisements to the world: “We are an active community. Keep in mind, you better stay healthy if you want to be here.”

I love The Villages, (my uncle was friends with Harold S) but, we HAVE to do better in this area.
There are hundreds of hospitals who serve "an older demographic" with much much higher ratings than TVRH. I don't know what their problem is but it is not the age of the patients.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
There are hundreds of hospitals who serve "an older demographic" with much much higher ratings than TVRH. I don't know what their problem is but it is not the age of the patients.
Excellent point.

One can't help but wonder, if it's analogous to what I believe is the underlying reason for the subpar conditions of a lot of the golf courses...i.e."captive audience syndrome?"
Old 04-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

According to a CBS News report on the quality of Health care from 2016, Florida was in the bottom ten of the country. I think that the licensing requirements for physicians should be raised. I know of one who practices here who lost her license in another state for drug addiction and one who has been jailed for failure to pay child support.

Keep in mind that The Villages has nothing to do with running TVRH. It just owns the building.

Here is the CBS report putting Florida in the bottom ten of the 48.

Best and worst states for health care - CBS News
Old 04-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Keep in mind that The Villages has nothing to do with running TVRH. It just owns the building.

Here is the CBS report putting Florida in the bottom ten of the 48.

Best and worst states for health care - CBS News
Thank you for clearing that up. I hate to have anything besmirch my dear TV.

However, ladies and gentlemen, we have a problem.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-06-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

We......

Tags
villages, waiting, room, unbelievable, admitted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.