The Villages Health

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2018, 03:18 PM
Default The Villages Health

The Villages Health is transitioning to a new system effective today. They are asking the members to setup new accounts in this system that requires each member to have a separate email address for each member.(ie, 2 members must have different email addresses)
In addition to this they have an option where you can store your sign on information in their system.This change increases the chance of your personal information being available to anyone accessing your computer sign on info..Under the old system, multiple members could sign in using the same email address but with different user names and passwords. I have spoken with the folks at the Villages and they basically say" it is what it is and it can't be changed. In my opinion this is a big oh ____ and should be changed by a simple change in their programming to allow changing the sign on format from email account to user name and provide the email info in the personal profile within the system..

Their contact people suggest we call the office supervisors to try to affect the needed changes to a more user friendly system(like the system being replaced)..
Old 11-28-2018, 09:14 AM

The Villages Health went through very long process of evaluating and selecting a new electronic health records system. Guess what? They selected the system that a friend of Sussman was promoting. It was another **** on their backs and tell them it is raining selection process. Not new to TVH. Patient’s opinion will not matter until. sussman and lowenkral leave the system.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
If you notice no history came over. Have to bring in prescriptions and etc. .
We have gotten messages from Villages Health saying that prescriptions and history are being added to the system but are not quite there yet. I just looked at both of our accounts on the new system and it looks like all the prescriptions are there now... they weren't yesterday, and a lot of the history is there now too.

We had to go to Villages Health Thursday last week and it looks like everyone has two monitors now, one for the old and one for the new system, probably until things are fully converted. This is common way run things during a big conversion like this one, even though it puts an extra burden on the staff because the have to cross check things on the two systems.

My guess is the reason for bringing in prescriptions is just to double check what is in the new system.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

No big deal to me. Took me less than five minutes to register on new portal. Visited clinic on Thursday and answered a few questions at check-in. All old information will be ported over in time and I have no need to view it until it is time to refill prescriptions in a couple of months.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm with Rap, we both have different Email Address's anyway and never leave them open after we ready our messages anyway. Change is rough for everyone but IMHO more so as we age. My money is on them getting it better than before and they are asking us for a helping hand in the process. Maybe the different Emails have something to do with the Privacy Act, HIPAA?
Old 12-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Sage

Times and systems change. No big deal. I would bet the newer system is more secure.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Just registered into the new system. No big deal at all. I saw nothing that disturbed me. As someone else mentioned, moving to a different network system is nothing new. Companies do it all the time.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, email, sign, members, user

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.