The Villages Health Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
For those of you who joined the center at Colony, are you happy with it so far? We are thinking of joining it.
I have apt scheduled with Dr. Clifford in NOV..first visit..meet and greet.
I have heard nothing but good things with this group.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Do you have to be a member of United Health Care. Do they take Medicare and different types of supplements.
Here are are accepted insurances.

Accepted Insurance by The Villages Health
Tampa, FL
Old 09-04-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
For those of you who joined the center at Colony, are you happy with it so far? We are thinking of joining it.
I have a solid background as an officer of a successful HMO in Mass....these people are totally disorganized from a member/customer service point of view. I see major problems lurking, caveat emptor.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tomaselli View Post
I have a solid background as an officer of a successful HMO in Mass....these people are totally disorganized from a member/customer service point of view. I see major problems lurking, caveat emptor.
Interesting - thought it was just me the way everyone loves everything so much, but you are looking at the billing and details and how they are reactive rather than proactive. I think the average Villager (and I mean no disrespect) has medicare, goes in to this lovely facility, is greeted nicely at the door, and has most everything paid for. How is that bad???
Old 09-04-2013, 08:46 PM

It's better than anything we have ever had. No billing issues. The patient portal is awesome. Able to email your Doctor with a concern and get a reply. Lab, X-ray, hearing test in the same location. We love it
Old 09-04-2013, 10:36 PM

Thank you for the information on Ins. Hope you have a wonderful day in the Village.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Platinum member

We've had our meet and greet but no health issues yet so not sure how that will be handled but we are on Medicare and do enjoy the pretty office and ambience! It's so much better than my other experiences with doctors here but only time and experience will tell!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tomaselli View Post

Is it not possible that trying to build something new like this that they may encounter bumps in the road?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Platinum member

I have a house there, but I don't live there yet. How does this work?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Gold member

Difficult to explain on this board. When you get here , go to one of the centers or offices, they will give you all info. Or check out villages health care centers on web.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
We've had our meet and greet but no health issues yet so not sure how that will be handled but we are on Medicare and do enjoy the pretty office and ambience! It's so much better than my other experiences with doctors here but only time and experience will tell!
I did have a health issue where I broke out in a rash with mucho itching. They got me in asap and I saw both a PA and a doctor. I was given personal attention for about an hour and 15 minutes by the PA and the doctors consultation.

They determined that what I had was hives and was told it was the worse case of hives they ever saw. It covered a majority of my body from the knees up to the hair line on the back of my head. {Scratch, scratch, itch, itch, oh what a pain it is} I was given a steroid shot, a two week prescription for a steroid medication and taken off Cymbalta which I had just recently started.

The good news is that the hives cleared 100% within the next three days and it hasn't returned even though I resumed the Cymbalta after two weeks cleared of the hives.

I've had a total of 7 or more different appointments and a few consultations via email since joining, we're both satisfied patients of the center and we're highly impressed with all the friendly and helpful staff we've encountered at this center. I hope that this doesn't change in the future, except of course for getting even better!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 09-07-2013, 03:52 PM

love it..
Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Gold member

I guess this a relatively old post, but I was wondering if the experience of one of my neighbors is an anomally or if others have experienced it as well. She has a primary "Marcus Welby" physician at Colony. However, she has been there three times by appointment and when she showed up has never had her personal physician. There was always some "reason" why her doctor was unavailable.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Not all docs are full time.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
Not all docs are full time.
But, in her case she had appointments with her doctor. Hence one could assume that the person making the appointment would know the doctor's shedule.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.