Villages Health Care System

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Would you also agree to refund my Association Fees for the six months I am away?
You did a nice job biting your tongue on #74. Not all of us full timers have problems with our seasonal friends. I think "you know who" has other problems as well. Like trying to bypass the line at the deli counter?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl View Post
I was happy with the Villages Health Care System, but I am know considering finding a local doctor out of their network (recommendations are appreciated) I am in the middle of a health issue, have seen the doctor several times in the last month, have gone for blood work twice. The latest blood work was done on Feb 13th. Finally saw the results in my patient portal on Feb 17th; called that morning to discuss, emailed the doc on the 18th asking them to call me to discuss, called again this morning asking to speak with someone about the results - still waiting for a call back. This is no way to treat a patient. I have gone from very upset to very mad. Has anyone else experienced this with the villages health care system?
Yes. Both my husband and I have experienced this and worse. At our ages we have enough history with doctors to know the difference between good and bad care. I thank God we're out of that system.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl

I was happy with the Villages Health Care System, but I am know considering finding a local doctor out of their network (recommendations are appreciated) I am in the middle of a health issue, have seen the doctor several times in the last month, have gone for blood work twice. The latest blood work was done on Feb 13th. Finally saw the results in my patient portal on Feb 17th; called that morning to discuss, emailed the doc on the 18th asking them to call me to discuss, called again this morning asking to speak with someone about the results - still waiting for a call back. This is no way to treat a patient. I have gone from very upset to very mad. Has anyone else experienced this with the villages health care system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudoll View Post
Yes. Both my husband and I have experienced this and worse. At our ages we have enough history with doctors to know the difference between good and bad care. I thank God we're out of that system.
As always, excellent doctors and nurses can unknowingly gain a bad reputation without doing anything wrong, based on what the office staff does or does NOT do.

And everyone working in the office can be made to look bad by what does or does not show up on their computer screens at the right time via electronic medical records. Office staff and software can "make or break" a medical office practice.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Isn't it great to have choices...

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Isn't it great to have choices...
Amen
Old 03-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
You did a nice job biting your tongue on #74. Not all of us full timers have problems with our seasonal friends. I think "you know who" has other problems as well. Like trying to bypass the line at the deli counter?
I have lived a pretty long life for a " temporary" person. it blows my mind sometimes how some really believe that because they live here full time that everyone who doesn't is a second class, or worse, citizen. Played golf with two the other day who came right out and said to my wife and I that "snowbirds" well....the're OK....they keep our costs down but I can't wait until it is 'less crowded'. Our group got 'locked out' of OUR T time last week" it is a good thing I have a hearing problem. My wife had the good sense not to tell me what he said until we were done.

As for the Villages a Healthcare, so far I am very impressed.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Amen
Second that!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.