Villages Health changing to Florida Blue?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2019, 05:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Villages Health Care System is very, very, good. Very well run and well staffed.

We wanted to join when we moved full time but our company insurance wasn't UHC. Since then the company insurance switched to UHC and we switched to The Villages Healthcare. We really liked our past doctor but his staff were making errors with inputting accurately.

I cannot say how good all supportive staff are at Creekside. They KNOW what they are doing and have background in it.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:57 AM
Sage

What you really mean is the you selected UHC Medicare Advantage. Those of Medicare age, with some Tri-Care exceptions, aren’t using VHC unless they were willing to go to Medicare Advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The Villages Health Care System is very, very, good. Very well run and well staffed.

We wanted to join when we moved full time but our company insurance wasn't UHC. Since then the company insurance switched to UHC and we switched to The Villages Healthcare. We really liked our past doctor but his staff were making errors with inputting accurately.

I cannot say how good all supportive staff are at Creekside. They KNOW what they are doing and have background in it.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
What you really mean is the you selected UHC Medicare Advantage. Those of Medicare age, with some Tri-Care exceptions, aren’t using VHC unless they were willing to go to Medicare Advantage.
Our company insurance switched from Aetna to United Health Care which also included Medicare Advantage..
Old 11-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Platinum member
Default Are you happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our company insurance switched from Aetna to United Health Care which also included Medicare Advantage..
Gracie, are you happy with the Advantage plan? We are UHC supplement to our original Medicare and not sure whether we should change.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichard View Post
They have changed management. Understand they will be selling to Optum effective 1/1/20. Hearing they will begin accepting original Medicare at that time. I won’t go back after being “grandfathered in”. And they told “things change”. What has changed is that they had been running negative cash and losing money since kicking us out.
I believe TVH was losing money because they offered a "Marcus Welby" approach (30 - 60 min. physicals, etc). Traditional Medicare doesn't reimburse enough to sustain that type of model. That is why they only accept UHC Advantage.
I think the contract between UHC and TVH was up so they "opened it up" to other insurance companies. That is why FL Blue is an option next year. Competition is a good thing.
If TVH starts to accept Traditional Medicare you'll see shorter appt. times, etc. It will be like every other physician's office. And they will be expected to make a profit.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

The company from which my wife retired used UHC as their retiree health benefit. It was a PPO plan. This year the company decided to change to Aetna. As I remember, when the Company changed to UHC they dropped Aetna. A bit cynical maybe, but it isn't about the patient anymore, about the relationship and profitability. She just spent a couple weeks comparing UHC and Florida Blue HMO plans and decided on staying with UHC/

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-15-2019, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

We were told our insurance was accepted and then about a year later show up for a visit at the desk and told now it is not accepted leaving us adrift. It leaves a bad taste. I don’t care who runs it, it’s called Villages Healthcare and so many of us were booted out.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:07 AM

Does anyone know the difference in coverages between United Health the Villages and Florida Blue? Also are there any advantage plans available in the Villages that don't require a supplement to be fully covered????

Signed confused
Old 11-24-2019, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaH View Post
Does anyone know the difference in coverages between United Health the Villages and Florida Blue? Also are there any advantage plans available in the Villages that don't require a supplement to be fully covered????

Signed confused
All Advantage plans are required to cover everything that Original Medicare does so the basic coverage is the same. Both plans cover 100% of costs for the things that Original Medicare only provides 80% coverage.

What kind of supplemental coverage are you looking for, normally supplemental plans are for Original Medicare, not Advantage plans?

Each plan has a different network of providers, and hospitals, and different "extras", and different co-pays and out of pocket limits.

Both plans include Villages Health in their networks. But, for example, I think that Florida Blue includes Moffit in their network but UHC does not. But there are lots of other detail differences in their networks too.

For most it probably comes down to are you willing to be limited to the provider network of one of these Advantage plans or not (even though both plans in some cases will let you go out of network). If not stick with Original Medicare plus a supplement. However no plan, not even Original Medicare guarantees that you can go to any doctor or hospital.

Unfortunately, there isn't a simple way to compare these two plans.

Have you gone to Shine, SHINE - Home ? What they do is try to help seniors understand the health insurance options that they have.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
They are desperately advertising for patients. The switch from exclusivity is a sign of a troubled marriage.
Desperately? Is Amazon "desperately" advertising for customers because they are running commercials? GEICO? (They have a plethora of commercials... they must be desperate).
Maybe they're just advertising their product.
Troubled marriage? My understanding is that the UHC contract was up... so they opened it up to give their "customers" more options. Now TVH customers have a choice of two different healthcare providers. That' doesn't sound desperate to me.
I've talked to TVH and asked these questions... which is where I get my information. Hopefully, people who are posting aren't just "assuming" or guessing or... just bitter because their insurance is no longer accepted.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichard View Post
They have changed management. Understand they will be selling to Optum effective 1/1/20. Hearing they will begin accepting original Medicare at that time. I won’t go back after being “grandfathered in”. And they told “things change”. What has changed is that they had been running negative cash and losing money since kicking us out.
I'd be curious to know how you "understand" TVH is selling to Optum? And that once that happens they will accept traditional medicare. People are making important decisions on their healthcare right now. So I'd like to know why you think this is happening.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:10 PM
Sage

Social media, at times is a great place for information BUT with something like your insurance coverages---wouldn't it be best to contact their office and ask so you get ALL the information you're needing? That way you'll get what's correct and not just hear-say or rumor.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
They are desperately advertising for patients. The switch from exclusivity is a sign of a troubled marriage.
VHC is not lacking in patients. If you are refering to the recent ads in the air, I am thinking that is Florida Blue looking for customers rather than TVH. I see nothing to indicate that TVH is in any kind of trouble.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

Based on trips my wife and I make to VHC they are looking for help, not patients. They are always busy.

As far as advertising goes, in the words of an adman: "You can run your business without advertising just like you can run a car without gasoline... as long as both are going downhill."
Old 11-25-2019, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

Blue Cross includes Shands Hospital and Moffitt Cancer. UHC does not.
Closed Thread

Tags
coverage, affect, premiums, costs, pocket

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.