Villages Health changing to Florida Blue?

Villages Health changing to Florida Blue?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-18-2019, 10:38 AM
skyking skyking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

The Villages Healthcare signed a capitated agreement with UHC in which they would be the exclusive providers for the Medicare Advantage plan in our area and Villages Health would not accept other carriers.

It's apparent that the arrangement has not worked well (probably for both parties) thus it is being changed. Agreements such as these have been around since the 70s.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 AM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,936
Thanks: 2
Thanked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
...It's apparent that the arrangement has not worked well (probably for both parties)...
Just wondering...how is it so apparent?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 09-18-2019, 03:31 PM
skyking skyking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Just wondering...how is it so apparent?
They are desperately advertising for patients. The switch from exclusivity is a sign of a troubled marriage.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-2019, 05:50 PM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,095
Thanks: 18
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
They are desperately advertising for patients. The switch from exclusivity is a sign of a troubled marriage.
Desperately?? I go to the Santa Barbara Clinic and the parking lot was full, as was much of the waiting room yesterday. People standing waiting to check in. This time of year, I think it's common that health-care advertises....OR....in thinking of the ads on t.v. The entities in Orlando are always advertising. I don't think they're desperate there neither. I don't understand why people think there's a vast conspiracy going on here.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NotGolfer For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 09-18-2019, 08:18 PM
skyking skyking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Vast conspiracy? This is a normal occurrence in healthcare.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-19-2019, 05:48 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 36,486
Thanks: 177
Thanked 101 Times in 74 Posts
Default

The Villages Health Care System is very, very, good. Very well run and well staffed.

We wanted to join when we moved full time but our company insurance wasn't UHC. Since then the company insurance switched to UHC and we switched to The Villages Healthcare. We really liked our past doctor but his staff were making errors with inputting accurately.

I cannot say how good all supportive staff are at Creekside. They KNOW what they are doing and have background in it.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-19-2019, 05:57 AM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,832
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Default

What you really mean is the you selected UHC Medicare Advantage. Those of Medicare age, with some Tri-Care exceptions, aren’t using VHC unless they were willing to go to Medicare Advantage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The Villages Health Care System is very, very, good. Very well run and well staffed.

We wanted to join when we moved full time but our company insurance wasn't UHC. Since then the company insurance switched to UHC and we switched to The Villages Healthcare. We really liked our past doctor but his staff were making errors with inputting accurately.

I cannot say how good all supportive staff are at Creekside. They KNOW what they are doing and have background in it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 36,486
Thanks: 177
Thanked 101 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
What you really mean is the you selected UHC Medicare Advantage. Those of Medicare age, with some Tri-Care exceptions, aren’t using VHC unless they were willing to go to Medicare Advantage.
Our company insurance switched from Aetna to United Health Care which also included Medicare Advantage..
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coverage, affect, premiums, costs, pocket

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.