The Villages Regional Hospital Jammed

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Sage

I've been on here numerous times to give my support to TVRH. As Gracie stated...I don't believe it's perfect BUT we don't live in a large metro area. Keep that in mind PLUS the fact we are a community full of aging people with issues. Think, if we didn't have a hospital at all. Our facility is relatively new and we should be grateful to have it. Many folks don't follow the guidelines of using the ER vs a clinic or Urgent Care. I don't know when ER's began to be abused and used as a clinic but they are. I know of NO medical facility or medical person who meets "perfection".

I've utlized our hospital several times in the years we've lived here---both via the ER (transported by EMT or by a family member) AND I've also been a patient. The care I've continually received has been good. I've not been a cardiac or trauma patient so far, so can't speak to that. My spouse was admitted as such and the care we would say, was excellent an en pointe.

Whenever we get injured or sick it's a stressful event. I'm wondering how many folks prepare themselves ahead of time in the event something could happen??!! You don't just wait and hope for the best. I like what DBussone share on here and Golfing Eagles as their backgrounds are from a medical stand-point so we should pay attention to their wise-counsel.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I just get annoyed when people throw up their hands and say there is nothing that can be done when I know there is, I don't know what but I know there has to be a better way.
I think that people being released from the hospital is an issue that is very complex.

Each patient has to be evaluated on where he is going home and who is there to provide care for one thing. Another is that someone who knows him needs to make the decision and another is the legal culpability of the Hospital itself. It is often inconvenient, but there are reasons that just can't be hurried.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that people being released from the hospital is an issue that is very complex.

Each patient has to be evaluated on where he is going home and who is there to provide care for one thing. Another is that someone who knows him needs to make the decision and another is the legal culpability of the Hospital itself. It is often inconvenient, but there are reasons that just can't be hurried.
Yes, everything is perfect the way it is and never needs to be improved upon. Change is very bad and we should avoid it at all costs. I get it.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

As always, making judgement from ignorance is easy, assuming there is a "fix" yet having no idea what, or how, or why is easy. Getting involved to understand the issues is hard and takes time, but sitting on here and throwing uninformed opinion makes some peoples day and I hope, makes them feel better since it serves little other purpose.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-16-2018, 01:17 PM
fw102807

Why even discuss it if the consensus is that nothing can be done anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
flu, people, room, regional, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.