Virus ... should we just chuck in the towel

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Oh, and from john's hopkins virologist/epidemiologist, these types of virus events typically run 2-3 years, but with today's modern medicine, expect 1 1/2 - 2 years. . . or slightly longer. So yes, the there will be a mental health toll because our lives have been so easy and healthcare research over many many years have learned allot about what has happened previously, and will continue to learn a lot, but the world and all creatures continue in the battle for survival as we have for millions of years.

sportsguy
Old 10-12-2020, 02:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Our family listen to the advice, then look after ourselves in the best way we can.
What others do is up to them.
Dirty word in these "someone else is to blame" days, but personal responsibility is still the best option.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaids View Post
I agree with you. I can't understand why some people get nasty when they're asked to wear a mask. Please people, this is a world wide pandemic & if wearing masks could save lives, then just do it! It's only a small inconvenience. I will continue to wear one in public places because I care about you 😷
. Just what if masks help spread the virus? I am speaking of re using masks, fiddling with the mask, improper storage of a used mask in your pocket, purse of console of your car, wearing the mask underneath your nose. Added all together these things COULD aid with the spread. Children and masks are in a category by them self
Old 10-12-2020, 05:37 AM

Always folks questions whether masks or social distancing or whatever works. Well, look at other countries. I think other countries do better than us, not so much because of masks or social distancing, but rather clear, definitive leadership and people working together to get thru this mess. Our country is the exact opposite - our true colors showing and it ain't nice. For those of us who do mask, do social distance, do small groups indoor, keep up the fight - we are pushing towards the finish line. We are fatigued, but we are getting closer. And remember those who stood with you.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:48 AM

Did you consider that a person without a mask may have had COVID and is no longer contagious? If so, they may be asking themselves why bother with a mask.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:59 AM

Just stay home
Old 10-12-2020, 06:00 AM

Unfortunately, 'they' never report how many COVID-19 deaths also had PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS... so we don't really know how many were truly COVID-19 deaths.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:04 AM

You are right. No one cares anymore. We’re doomed! 😳
Old 10-12-2020, 06:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Out and about this past few days I am coming to the conclusion that trying to fight this virus is a losing battle.

We, my little family, are doing our part in every way possible, masks, social distancing, dining out or take out, no small groups indoors. But, this weekend I noticed more and more people becoming truly belligerent over the masking for shopping, i.e. WalMart yesterday ... young couple absolutely refusing to wear a mask and just pushed right into the store saying "you cannot take away my civil rights". People, mostly elderly men, in Publix without masks and not socially distancing to cash out. Today at P;aneras in SLS people not wearing masks and not distancing, and then throw in the crazy woman who was screaming about politics to everyone who would stop and listen.

I am sick and tired of this awful situation and am suggesting, we just give up and let nature take its course. If someone is sure that the virus is a hoax and will not kill anyone, let them have at it and cull the herd that way. The rest of us who do want to live without catching this virus can go on our merry way protecting ourselves.

What say you ..... for or against with good reasons.
I have rarely seen any of this. When in Walmart I see everyone masked and Publix and other stores. You will always have one nitwit who geels its their right to do what they want. Its not that lrevalent at all
Old 10-12-2020, 06:09 AM

I agree. The snowflakes and snowbirds are coming from all parts of the country including foreign countries and they’re carrying a present for us in the villages.Let the natural selection continue.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUFAN View Post
IT is an election year. Here is the shot. Check the numbers of the covid against the numbers of the h1n1 in 2009. I have found that we can not believe anything the media tell us. Good friends of mine told me they went to get a covid test. Signed the papers and got inline to take the test. Sitting in their car waiting after an hour and a half decided to come back the next day. Well before coming to complete their task of getting the test got a phone call stating that their test they took yesterday was positive. Quite a shock when in fact not getting the test done the previous day. One other situation of a personal experience. I have a close friend that works in a Hospital in Georgia. The situation there is that if a person dies of covid the hospital got $13,000 vrs $5,000 for a normal passing. well guess what? No matter if one came in and was in a car wreck and was certainly on deaths door and tested positive and died.......It was recorded as a covid case and the hospital got the 13k. Therefore I do not believe the numbers and all thats going on anymore than the regular flu each year and by the way check those numbers against the covid and you will see another comparison of media hype.
Of course the data is not exact because there are thousands of people adding to the database and not all understand or care to follow the exact reporting rules. Your examples, like many others discussed in this forum, are anecdotal. They can be outliers which do not represent the full body of accurate data.

So for the sake of discussion, lets say that 10% of the data is inaccurate. Instead of 210,000 people dying of Covid-19 or from the stress of a Covid-19 infection causing an underlying condition (heart disease, diabetes, etc.) to contribute to a person's death, 189,000 deaths is still a whole lot of suffering. Many of those folks would be alive today had Covid-19 not made its appearance in the world. In that regard, Covid-19 is certainly a contributing cause of death.

The specific Covid-19 numbers are a signal/trend that we have a severe health care problem today which would have been much worse had most people not worn masks or socially distanced. So if you are a disbeliever in the extent of this medical crisis, then hold on to these stories and ignore the overwhelming data that is accurate.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Out and about this past few days I am coming to the conclusion that trying to fight this virus is a losing battle.

We, my little family, are doing our part in every way possible, masks, social distancing, dining out or take out, no small groups indoors. But, this weekend I noticed more and more people becoming truly belligerent over the masking for shopping, i.e. WalMart yesterday ... young couple absolutely refusing to wear a mask and just pushed right into the store saying "you cannot take away my civil rights". People, mostly elderly men, in Publix without masks and not socially distancing to cash out. Today at P;aneras in SLS people not wearing masks and not distancing, and then throw in the crazy woman who was screaming about politics to everyone who would stop and listen.

I am sick and tired of this awful situation and am suggesting, we just give up and let nature take its course. If someone is sure that the virus is a hoax and will not kill anyone, let them have at it and cull the herd that way. The rest of us who do want to live without catching this virus can go on our merry way protecting ourselves.

What say you ..... for or against with good reasons.
I was reading an article from Weird History and how the 1918 Spanish Flu came to an end....social distance, mask and herd....no meds no vaccine. By the time it finally ended 1/3 of the world population had caught it. The towns and counties that did social distance and mask had the best out comes. So don’t give up because like the Spanish Flu it lasted two years this one is going to last an other year if we learn from history.
I try my best to ride in the middle of the road be safe, keep my family, friends, co-workers, and public workers safe and I realize that is all anyone can do.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:27 AM

Wearing or not wearing a mask is not about public health any more, if it ever was. I guess that some folks are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face.
Why do so many Americans refuse to wear face masks? Politics is part of it — but only part
Old 10-12-2020, 06:28 AM

Stay home.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:29 AM
Default Cdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanfaron2020 View Post
Unfortunately, 'they' never report how many COVID-19 deaths also had PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS... so we don't really know how many were truly COVID-19 deaths.
He cdc has provided this information. The percentage is 6% for Covid only deaths.
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, people, distancing, masks, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.