Washing your face to prevent Covid-19?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 10:31 AM

I heard yesterday if you have a Hot Tub where the temperature is high soak and it may eliminate some viruses..this one not sure, but food for thought. Be safe everyone
Old 03-31-2020, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
To the best of my knowledge the virus is not airborne, unless you are in the range of a cougher, or sneezer who is a carrier.
The virus does however live on surfaces for some time, which are touched by hands.
Hence washing you hands frequently.
If you touch your face, then you can transfer virus to mouth, nose, eyes, and contaminate yourself.
Which seems to be the main source of infection.
Nothing wrong with washing face, even having a shower if you have been out, and feel vulnerable.
It is airborne and not just with a sneeze. Mere breathing releases an invisible short distance spray. But that spray can hang in the air after a person passes by. That's the reason for the 6ft distance.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Great quote!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
It is airborne and not just with a sneeze. Mere breathing releases an invisible short distance spray. But that spray can hang in the air after a person passes by. That's the reason for the 6ft distance.
Wow 😳. What kind of drugs are you sniffing ??? Please let us know ...... better yet , please provide us with a link(s) to substantiate your claim ??
Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Wow 😳. What kind of drugs are you sniffing ??? Please let us know ...... better yet , please provide us with a link(s) to substantiate your claim ??
I dunno. BUT the experts keep saying over and over and over again that it is VERY contagious. Which was not so with the Ebola virus which was REALLY deadly. It killed one out of two people it infected. I don't think anyone can say with certainty whether this virus can "hang in the air" but there is some reason to stay away at least six feet from others. I also heard on local Fox News this evening that the experts are predicting that the peak in Florida will be May 3rd. And they are not sure whether it can reinfect so it is possible a new wave will come at flu season in the fall. It usually takes from 12-18 months to make a vaccine. I think it looks pretty grim and I think we need to take this bug seriously. Sorry no links, but you can check out this evenings local Fox News.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Default You mean to tell me

Thank you ,
Smart Answer , I can’t believe after all this time why anyone would ask that , why to wash your Hands ....come on now ...! How old are we ?
My Goodness , makes some sense !!!
Closed Thread

Tags
wash, face, hands, seconds, mentions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.