Weather & Arthritis

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Default Weather & Arthritis

I am fairly new TOTV. We have a few years yet before we retire but are starting to look at options for when we do. We live in Wisconsin and are early 50's. I have been having problems with my hips for nine years from carrying mail for 25. My doctor tells me I will have a weather hip and when I asked what that means he says "you'll know". As soon as this winter - damp cold weather comes in - I now know what he is getting at. Just wondering if anyone out there has moved from the cold winter climates to TV and noticed a change in how their arthritis feels when staying down in Florida. Has it helped with the aches and pains??? I know people who have moved to Arizona and it made a world of difference. Just wondering...may help us decided where we want to be during winters.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I didn't move from an especially climate -- colder than here, but not anything like Wisconsin. I'd say my arthritis is pretty much the same, just different times of the year. In San Francisco, it would hit me during the cold, rainy winters. Here, I get it during the highest humidity and a rain after a dry spell. I would guess that if I had come from a colder climate, I'd find relief here -- it probably wouldn't be as severe as it was up north.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

I have arthritis in my knees, hip and fingers. The cold weather in Ohio really makes my hands hurt. When I am in TV and I walk out into the warm sunshine, I feel like every bone in my body is going aaaahhhhhh!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Probably depends on the person and how affected they are. IF you've not felt issues with the cold systems coming through already then maybe you're one of the lucky ones. I have arthritis and feel it both here and "up there" (north).

You can see an index in The Daily Sun (Local section) as they give it daily. I don't seem to track with that so much so don't know if it's for the day of the paper or what's coming or has been (from the day before).

But all I know is I'd rather be here than back "home" this time of year!!! Would rather shovel sunshine than snow!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.