Weekly injections for Canadian

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Default Weekly injections for Canadian

My husband's doctor wants to change one of his medications to a weekly injection which cannot be self administered. Is there anywhere in The Villages that can take care of it. We do not have any American Insurance plan since we are Canadian. We have our travel medical coverage which would not cover it. So it has to be somewhere that will take a self payment. Any ideas on where to start looking for next winter.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I did a recent search, using Google and Google maps, I found out CVS has a subsidiary that does injections, they provide the drug, and visiting nurses do the injection in your home, sorry, I did not keep the info as this was not suitable for my wife. The other option I found (also not suitable for my wife) was the villages regional hospital has an outpatient facility that does injections and infusions, I did not check other hospitals in the area.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
My husband's doctor wants to change one of his medications to a weekly injection which cannot be self administered. Is there anywhere in The Villages that can take care of it. We do not have any American Insurance plan since we are Canadian. We have our travel medical coverage which would not cover it. So it has to be somewhere that will take a self payment. Any ideas on where to start looking for next winter.
Will you be bringing the drug with you? If so any visiting nurse can do an injection.

Tags
weekly, canadian, medical, coverage, cover

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.