What Doctor To See???

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 10:47 AM

Dr. Michael Messieh: Phone 352-243-6899
Old 02-09-2020, 11:11 AM

Sounds a lot like my own sciatic pain. It set in after a couple of strenuous hikes a few years back. Regular gentle stretching helps a lot, until you can have it looked at.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:01 PM

I am surprised no one has mentioned it might be your hip. I had similar symptoms and tried chiropractor and physical therapy. Then went to orthopedic surgeon and a new hip fixed the pain. A simple x-ray of your hip can tell you if that is the problem. I had mine done in Kansas City area last summer and am very happy. Do not know anyone to recommend at TV.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:46 PM

There are two manipulative osteopaths at Colony & it's remarkable what weekly treatments have done for me. I was advised by 3 surgeons to have back surgery. I advise avoid doctors who perform surgery as that's how they make their money. Most will advise surgery when it's not needed... ***OR*** Go for stem cells.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateDutyNurseMaryAnn View Post
Hi there TJL,
I am a Registered nurse and used to work in a special procedures unit at one time and we saw a lot of this sort of thing. A question for you first do you or have you ever smoked? If the answer is yes, then what we have found in the past is that there can be plaque build up in your veins and arteries. This comes from a history of smoking. This causes pain when you walk for a distance. It is called claudication. Lake medical imaging can do an ultrasound of that area and it may give them a starting point. I am not suggesting you go to LMI, but that is who is in our hospital. We would then do what is called a runoff. That is where they inject dye into your vein and they take pictures of your body as the dye flows through your vessels. If you want more information, I can try to guide you in the right direction. Hope this helps I have over twenty eight years of experience in the medical field and so am familiar with a lot of things. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousuemax View Post
it might be the peraforma muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by leconomidy View Post
Could be siatica... a chiropractor could help you. Legacy Clinic is very good
Wow. Again, another reason why there is no AAAP(American Association of Amateur Physicians)
Intermittent claudication is possible, but with one leg affected above the knee quite unlikely. I would not be starting this work up with a venogram.

Performa muscle? Is that something like the piriformis muscle. No need to add any response to THAT.

Sciatica is by far the most likely diagnosis and a good starting point for evaluation, although there are a lot of possibilities. Plain X ray will probably be unrevealing, most likely the OP will need an MRI and possibly an EMG.

Without a primary care doc, probably start at urgent care to get a referral, which SHOULD NOT be to a chiropractor or a manipulative osteopath
Old 02-09-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Wow. Again, another reason why there is no AAAP(American Association of Amateur Physicians)
Intermittent claudication is possible, but with one leg affected above the knee quite unlikely. I would not be starting this work up with a venogram.

Performa muscle? Is that something like the piriformis muscle. No need to add any response to THAT.

Sciatica is by far the most likely diagnosis and a good starting point for evaluation, although there are a lot of possibilities. Plain X ray will probably be unrevealing, most likely the OP will need an MRI and possibly an EMG.

Without a primary care doc, probably start at urgent care to get a referral, which SHOULD NOT be to a chiropractor or a manipulative osteopath
Oh, thank you for saving me ...... I have been reading this, trying to formulate a response to the posts...... you nailed it..... I can sit back and relax and not drain my brain, lol.....
Old 02-09-2020, 07:26 PM

Try a GP first You could save lots of time and Money Dr Tafur 350-6241 is excellent GP
Old 02-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Sage

OP---were you able to get a referral to a qualified physician?
Old 02-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateDutyNurseMaryAnn View Post
Hi there TJL,
I am a Registered nurse and used to work in a special procedures unit at one time and we saw a lot of this sort of thing. A question for you first do you or have you ever smoked? If the answer is yes, then what we have found in the past is that there can be plaque build up in your veins and arteries. This comes from a history of smoking. This causes pain when you walk for a distance. It is called claudication. Lake medical imaging can do an ultrasound of that area and it may give them a starting point. I am not suggesting you go to LMI, but that is who is in our hospital. We would then do what is called a runoff. That is where they inject dye into your vein and they take pictures of your body as the dye flows through your vessels. If you want more information, I can try to guide you in the right direction. Hope this helps I have over twenty eight years of experience in the medical field and so am familiar with a lot of things. LOL
I always thought that was one of those add a little money to my account procedures done by folks who are not on the up and up. I am not a medical person and have not ever played one on stage.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I always thought that was one of those add a little money to my account procedures done by folks who are not on the up and up. I am not a medical person and have not ever played one on stage.
No, actually they are all legitimate medical procedures that are quite valuable, under the right circumstances. I get the feeling our nurse friend has "seen" these procedures used over 28 years, but may lack the training to know which one to use when. Not her fault, it's not what she was trained to do. It's kind of like knowing every tree in the forest by its first name, but having no idea what the forest as a whole looks like.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:15 PM

No.... unfortunately...
Closed Thread

Tags
start, doctor, pain, golf, strenuous

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.