What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I know what I am going to do to Combat the Corona Virus. I'm going to skip this Politically Charged Thread! There is some very good news and additions to what we have already learned from the CDC site and other places. This is a place for us to give and consider ideas from mainly other people in our community. They are supposed to be HELPFUL. Some of them are not helpful. If you want to speak of politics instead of ways to save our hides then this is the thread for you. It is what it is. Never gonna change. Whatever! I give up!

Hers to staying HEALTHY. Mentally and Physically.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
CFrance I'm curious as to why, after having traveled from a country where Covid19 has been found, and are presenting symptoms of Covid19, and it was bad enough you felt you should go to Urgent Care just today to get help for it - you didn't think to mention to the doctors that you might be at-risk? I mean okay they didn't ask, that wasn't a bright thing on their part. But once you discover that they aren't going to ask, why didn't you take the responsibility to tell them?

Inconvenience? Lack of insurance? You got sick 3 weeks ago and didn't think that between then and now, you could have developed something worse than what you started with? It concerns me because if you have the symptoms, and were at a pretty significant risk of exposure, then you could in fact be spreading this virus (or some other virus) to everyone else. Or worse - someone else might have spread it to you, and is running around undiagnosed spreading it to everyone else.
First of all, the coronavirus was not present in Australia when we were there. Plus, we were in Tasmania, an island state off the coast of the mainland with a much more spread-out population.

Second of all, I did tell them I had traveled to Australia.

Thirdly, I have had colds leading to sinus infections after coming off of planes several times in the last 25 years. They always go away in two weeks. I felt no chest pains nor breathing difficulties during this cold. I had only two symptoms of the 5 symptoms they have been listing as coronavirus. People in high places have been saying not to panic, that tests were not available everywhere, you had to go through the CDC to get testing materials, and they had a tight list of requirements.

I'm not stupid. it wasn't until I developed a low-grade fever two days ago that I sought medical help. I don't think I did anything wrong, so lay off me.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
First of all, the coronavirus was not present in Australia when we were there. Plus, we were in Tasmania, an island state off the coast of the mainland with a much more spread-out population.

Thirdly, I have had colds leading to sinus infections after coming off of planes several times in the last 25 years. They always go away in two weeks. I felt no chest pains nor breathing difficulties during this cold. I had only two symptoms of the 5 symptoms they have been listing as coronavirus. People in high places have been saying not to panic, that tests were not available everywhere, you had to go through the CDC to get testing materials, and they had a tight list of requirements.

I'm not stupid. it wasn't until I developed a low-grade fever two days ago that I sought medical help. I don't think I did anything wrong, so lay off me.
You did nothing wrong and frankly as we learned yesterday, we do not have sufficient test kits in this country.

Hope you are feeling better.......sure you are fine.....fear, or unease of the UNKOWN is sometimes the worst.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

Sincerely hoping all will be well...for you and yours soon.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

I have a question. It is recommended that if you are not sick then you don’t wear a mask because “it will not help you” from the articles cited above. My question is then why is it imperative that the health workers who work with the sick, wear a mask?
Old 03-06-2020, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

This video is a must see. Very short, funny, and sad.

Twitter
Old 03-07-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

For me ? Mic Ultra 16 ounce can " Ice Cold " keeps me going. Try it. Fantastic .

PS: On sale this week @Winn Dixie.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:

Your first post implied that you had "the" symptoms that were red flags for coronavirus. There are only 3 symptoms that are "tells" for the coronavirus: coughing, fever, and difficulty breathing. So if you didn't have all three of those symptoms it wasn't likely that they'd feel any need to test you for the coronavirus.

The only thing "wrong" you did, it seems, is post your first post in the way you posted it. It was easily interpreted as your criticism of the medical folks for not testing you, as you feel they should have. But when in reality, there was no reason for them to do that. If everyone who had a low-grade fever and symptoms of a cold went to the doctor, they'd be so busy telling people to go home and eat chicken soup that they'd probably miss more actual cases of COVID-19 than they'd be able to treat.

I have symptoms of a cold all the time. Sniffles/runny nose, mild congestion. 24/7/365. It's called allergies and a deviated septum that makes it difficult to breathe through my right nostril. But if I left out that little detail about it being allergies and having the septum problem, people might read: "hey she's sick all the time? And she doesn't go to the doctor? WTH someone call the Dept of health and have her quarantined!"

That's what happens when you leave those pesky little details out. It's manipulative.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

I have heard the term "Monday morning quarterbacks".
Now a new one "Monday morning doctors".
Old 03-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

CFrance, hope you are feeling better today. You know your body best, what is normal to you and what is not.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Where's Gianna Micelli when we need her?
Old 03-07-2020, 10:46 AM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-07-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Your first post implied that you had "the" symptoms that were red flags for coronavirus. There are only 3 symptoms that are "tells" for the coronavirus: coughing, fever, and difficulty breathing. So if you didn't have all three of those symptoms it wasn't likely that they'd feel any need to test you for the coronavirus.

The only thing "wrong" you did, it seems, is post your first post in the way you posted it. It was easily interpreted as your criticism of the medical folks for not testing you, as you feel they should have. But when in reality, there was no reason for them to do that. If everyone who had a low-grade fever and symptoms of a cold went to the doctor, they'd be so busy telling people to go home and eat chicken soup that they'd probably miss more actual cases of COVID-19 than they'd be able to treat.

I have symptoms of a cold all the time. Sniffles/runny nose, mild congestion. 24/7/365. It's called allergies and a deviated septum that makes it difficult to breathe through my right nostril. But if I left out that little detail about it being allergies and having the septum problem, people might read: "hey she's sick all the time? And she doesn't go to the doctor? WTH someone call the Dept of health and have her quarantined!"

That's what happens when you leave those pesky little details out. It's manipulative.
I left no details out. I was not being manipulative, as you choose to accuse. I had three of the 5 symptoms--actually four, since he told me I was wheezing when I didn't know I was. I was indeed questioning the medical doctor for not at least doing a flu swab, which my friend the nurse asked me about after the fact. If I hadn't told him I traveled, he wouldn't have asked. When I did tell him, he had no response.

But you can have the last word. I'm out of discussing it with you any further.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I 100% agree.
Very likely an agenda item aimed at disrupting the economy toward some hopeful political advantage/leverage.
Or, as has been suggested by ex CIA who worked n counter terrorism, relative to initial and on going lack of testing kits, inaccuracy of initial tests, lack of accurate reporting, etc. along with the dismantling in 2018 of the WH pandemic team , This is viewed how we, as a country, are responding to #COVID19 through an analytic lens.

It's safe to assume that foreign intelligence services are watching too.

Everything is not about internal.

Last edited by Bucco; 03-07-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Anyone consider the mask, toilet paper and wipes manufacturers might be behind spreading panic?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, mouth, pandemic, nose, hand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.