What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I would have thought Miss Gianna Miceli would have posted by now with a cure for the virus!!
Probably will-----zinc lozenges and colon cleanse
Old 03-05-2020, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am waiting to see. I/we always wash our hands when coming back to the house after a trip to shop or do anything.

Today I am going to buy some hand sanitizer which I have never used before. I continue to go to all four of the activities I do every week and Helene goes too and Henry plays eighteen holes every week, four days...…..

If there is a confirmed case here or nearby, I will hope all three of us will listen to the mother command to shelter in place, but I am afraid the golfer will still continue to golf.

We will listen to the skilled medical people and follow their advice.

This thread has become another political one and there isn't a virus in the world who gives a crap how you vote.
Let me explain, as you try to twist the narrative (again)

Your planned actions are sound and reasonable. Your "implication" that people are panicking is wrong...although in certain areas I am sure there is actual dread.

Fear of the unknown is a real fear, whether if affects you or not.

Only solution to this is FACTS

Nobody expects POTUS to cure any virus, or do anything other than insure American public is well informed.

IT IS expected of any POTUS not to speculate OR share "hunches",

Yesterday, he went from factual information from those who know until he got on Hannity. Then he said things that made no sense and were simply political, far from any fact.

Then today, despite videos playing, he says he did not say what we saw him say on the video.

Not a confidant feeling, but simply a feeling of being used, in my opinion, again.

I have no idea of how real or serious this is, but companies around the globe feel it is (unless they are in a conspiracy as is claimed on certain networks) and when we have faced these kind of issues in the past, we looked one place for resolve. We still look there, but the words coming to us are not true, not comforting nor reassuring. So, in that sense, it is political.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

In talking with my son who works for a high end cloud computing sales firm, he is now restricted in his travels to his based city and must not travel to other cities to visit clients per company leadership decree. He claims that other companies are also implementing travel restrictions.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
In talking with my son who works for a high end cloud computing sales firm, he is now restricted in his travels to his based city and must not travel to other cities to visit clients per company leadership decree. He claims that other companies are also implementing travel restrictions.
My biggest fear regarding the virus is that Jetblue and Southwest will cancel upcoming flights to Orlando from Bradley Airport and we won't be able to get back down to the Villages. That would put a serious damper on our near term lifestyle quality.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-05-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Excellent choice. It appears accurate and is updated often.

Been checking this each morning and sometimes the results are sobering.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
That is probably a smart idea, especially given the industry where much can be done online.

Especially because the experts seem unsure as to how it is spread exactly.

Transmission of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | CDC

Biggest statement is this "COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it may spread in the United States"

I have read so many theories, it becomes confusing. We need to test and backtrack quickly.

Hoping this is a "nothing burger" but so many smart people seem very concerned and I think once they know HOW it is spread or able to at least make an intelligent guess, it is better to err on the side of safety.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Probably will-----zinc lozenges and colon cleanse
Nutty Professor Colon Cleansing - YouTube

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

I'm personally ambivalent...about a colon cleanse.

I'm thinking maybe I might start a little slower and go for a... ; cleanse.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Excellent accumulation and presentation.
Another good presentation for comparison would be to have such a site for the flu information.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Excellent accumulation and presentation.
Another good presentation for comparison would be to have such a site for the flu information.
Wouldn't you need then to integrate testing as part of the flu scenario ?

N o case is relegated to Corona until they test positive, and we have individual choice on whether to get a shot.

But here are two sites , if you want.

Weekly US Map: Influenza Summary Update | CDC

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report | CDC

And a third...

http://worldpopulationreview.com/sta...ates-by-state/
Old 03-05-2020, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
While I understand, I believe that the misinformation from our government, is in fact, part of the story. It is shocking what American citizens will tolerate in misinformation even when , as you know from your resources, can be damaging.

Hope someone will share a personal story to help.
Here's my personal story. We went to Australia Feb. 2 to 18. Feb 20 I came down with what I thought was the typical "airplane cold." Due to change of plans I was seated between two strangers, one with a face mask. (Normally my husband and I sit next to each other in a row with only two seats.)

Today, almost three weeks later, the "cold" did not go away, and a low grade fever had arrived every afternoon (at the typical fever spike time), and I had been sleeping sitting up because of sinus drainage and cough. My pcp couldn't see me, so I went to the 441 Urgent Care Center on Powel Road & 44.

No flu swab (I've had a flu shot, but they didn't ask), no question about where I had traveled (four places in Aus plus Los Angeles and MCO), and even though I had all symptoms typical of covid-19, no test for that, nor was covid ever mentioned. Before you ask, no, I didn't speak up. I was feeling poorly and just wanted to get out of there.

I was diagnosed with bronchitis (I've never had ever) and sinusitis and given scripts for Zyrtec and prednisone and sent on my way. I hope they are right.

The doctor said Are you wheezing. I said No, and he said "I hear you wheezing, and it's an insurance thing, I have to hear you complain of wheezing."

Off topic, I'm thinking maybe we should have stuck with the first doctor, whom we loved, paid the $1k and been able to get in with him when needed.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Here's my personal story. We went to Australia Feb. 2 to 18. Feb 20 I came down with what I thought was the typical "airplane cold." Due to change of plans I was seated between two strangers, one with a face mask. (Normally my husband and I sit next to each other in a row with only two seats.)

Today, almost three weeks later, the "cold" did not go away, and a low grade fever had arrived every afternoon (at the typical fever spike time), and I had been sleeping sitting up because of sinus drainage and cough. My pcp couldn't see me, so I went to the 441 Urgent Care Center on Powel Road & 44.

No flu swab (I've had a flu shot, but they didn't ask), no question about where I had traveled (four places in Aus plus Los Angeles and MCO), and even though I had all symptoms typical of covid-19, no test for that, nor was covid ever mentioned. Before you ask, no, I didn't speak up. I was feeling poorly and just wanted to get out of there.

I was diagnosed with bronchitis (I've never had ever) and sinusitis and given scripts for Zyrtec and prednisone and sent on my way. I hope they are right.

The doctor said Are you wheezing. I said No, and he said "I hear you wheezing, and it's an insurance thing, I have to hear you complain of wheezing."

Off topic, I'm thinking maybe we should have stuck with the first doctor, whom we loved, paid the $1k and been able to get in with him when needed.
Thank you for sharing that information. The evaluation of your illness by medical personnel was inadequate and is scary, hope your recovery begins and that you haven’t been exposed to the coronavirus.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Thank you for sharing that information. The evaluation of your illness by medical personnel was inadequate and is scary, hope your recovery begins and that you haven’t been exposed to the coronavirus.
\
Thank you. I am encouraged that we have been home for almost three weeks, and my husband is evidencing no similar symptoms. Also that we were not in an at-the-time questionable location, although there are many Chinese in Australia, and we were on a plane from Hobart to Melbourne with many business day travelers who appeared to be Asian.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

CFrance I'm curious as to why, after having traveled from a country where Covid19 has been found, and are presenting symptoms of Covid19, and it was bad enough you felt you should go to Urgent Care just today to get help for it - you didn't think to mention to the doctors that you might be at-risk? I mean okay they didn't ask, that wasn't a bright thing on their part. But once you discover that they aren't going to ask, why didn't you take the responsibility to tell them?

Inconvenience? Lack of insurance? You got sick 3 weeks ago and didn't think that between then and now, you could have developed something worse than what you started with? It concerns me because if you have the symptoms, and were at a pretty significant risk of exposure, then you could in fact be spreading this virus (or some other virus) to everyone else. Or worse - someone else might have spread it to you, and is running around undiagnosed spreading it to everyone else.
Closed Thread

Tags
virus, mouth, pandemic, nose, hand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.