Wheelchair lift taxi service?

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Default Wheelchair lift taxi service?

I thought I could find anything online, but stumped on this one. May need a taxi service with a wheelchair lift to get DH to medical appointment up near the hospital. Does anyone know of such a service here in The Villages? Its getting more difficult to get him in and out of the car. I found Sumter county transport for disadvantaged people, and hospital transport companies, but not a regular taxi service that mentions wheelchair transport.
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:57 PM

contact Sumter County Transit

Who do I call for a ride?
To reserve a ride, call the Transit office at 352.568.6683. Reservation hours are between 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM daily. It is recommended to call at least three (3) days before your scheduled appointment to ensure driver/vehicle availability.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:27 AM

I completed paperwork at Sumter county transit yesterday. They do require medical certification and take a week or two to get approval. I walked everything through, so hopefully it will be in place the next time he has a dr appointment. But the cost is extremely low and they are friendly and eager to help. Then, yes, you need to call a few days in advance. Still, a wonderful service and I am very grateful.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, wheelchair, taxi, transport, lift

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.