When is it time to consider memory care?

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2020, 11:33 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default When is it time to consider memory care?

TLC-Services has a three-part series that helps to answer that question. See the first video below.

Over the summer, Jim Deutch, LCSW, the presenter, developed a booklet that addresses the many issues caregivers must consider when answering that question.

Please follow this link to learn how to get your copy of this valuable resource: How Will I Know It's Time To Seek Memory Care Placement for My Spouse?

How Will I Know When It's Time for Memory Care? - YouTube
Old 12-16-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I am now taking care of both parents with memory problems. I will take care of them until there is no way for us to continue.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I am now taking care of both parents with memory problems. I will take care of them until there is no way for us to continue.
More power to you. Dealing with sundowning by one of my parents who is grieving the death of her husband who is my Dad. She cannot accept his passing and keeps coming out looking for him at night. We are getting help soon from in home memory care nurses/aides.

He picked up some infections in rehab and/or in the Villages Hospital and their subsidiaries and died from sepsis.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
More power to you. Dealing with sundowning by one of my parents who is grieving the death of her husband who is my Dad. She cannot accept his passing and keeps coming out looking for him at night. We are getting help soon from in home memory care nurses/aides.

He picked up some infections in rehab and/or in the Villages Hospital and their subsidiaries and died from sepsis.
When something happens to one parent it is going to really be difficult. They have been married for 68 years. I fear when one goes the other will be gone right behind.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

prayers to those who are caregiving loved ones-you are not alone. i'm doing the same for my husband
Closed Thread

Tags
question, care, memory, time, spouse

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.