Who is cheapest doctor to use to get a Medical Marijuana license / prescription?

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2022, 12:52 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Woodbear;2088166]
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

Guess it is up to your risk tolerance. It is illegal to cheat on your taxes, some still do. Federal law trumps state law when it comes to marijuana and firearms.

Aren't all cannabis sales illegal under Federal law? I think about 20 states have so far "legalize" the sale.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Caymus;2088203]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post

Aren't all cannabis sales illegal under Federal law? I think about 20 states have so far "legalize" the sale.
I am not sure how the Federal government views state sales. But under ATF Form 4473 you have the option to tell the truth or be deceitful. By having a medical marijuana card, you have identified yourself as a user. In all my years of selling firearms and being on the Board of Directors of shooting clubs, I have never seen a person who answered YES to question 21E be allowed to proceed with a transaction.

We are all dignified with the ability to make our own decisions. How one uses their free will is a choice only they can decide. When it comes to firearms and ammunition, there is no gray area. If you are considered a "user" you are not legally allowed to own firearms or ammunition.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 4.10.47 PM.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	93483  
Old 04-24-2022, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

[QUOTE=Caymus;2088203]
Quote:

Apparently, there is a defect in the TOTV website. In Post No. 61, the post attributed to me was not posted by me.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

[QUOTE=Caymus;2088203]
Quote:

It is illegal under federal law, but they generally look the other way and leave it up to each state. However, one of the biggest obstacles facing the industry is that banks, which are FDIC chartered, won’t lend to businesses in the industry, whether it be growing, distribution, or product testing. That lack of financing essentially leaves the industry dominated by already cash rich entrepreneurs who can foot the substantial up front cost to enter the industry and essentially prohibits the small guy from participating in the high growth industry. It’s only a matter of time before a newer generation of politicians are the majority and cannabis becomes legal both Federally and by State throughout the county. Both the pharmaceutical and alcohol industry are cringing at the prospect as both industries will see their sales decline when consumers have viable options to their products.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredGuy123
Apparently, there is a defect in the TOTV website. In Post No. 61, the post attributed to me was not posted by me.
User error...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-06-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Decriminalization is supported by a majority of adults in every single state in the country. The US House this year passed a decriminalization bill by 220 to 204. Of the 220 votes to decriminalize, 217 came from one party and 3 from the other. Keeping pot illegal is good for the private prison industry and gives law enforcement another tool to ensnare minorities. White use of weed is equal or higher than Black use. But arrests and convictions are higher in Black people. Wonder why that would be? Nothing to see here, move along.
Its because white people keep it on the DL. No clouds of smoke coming out of cars, not smelling like a weed field at McDonalds, Just get home with it and keep it there. Its pretty easy not to get snagged, if you ask me. Especially when your our age, have your paperwork in order, make small talk with the cop, just say you got a kid entering the Academy back home in Indiana or whatever. They don't want to screw with old timers that aren't criminals
Old 06-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelle View Post
You obviously don't suffer from chronic pain. I have tried many pain relievers, OTC and prescribed. Not a good outcome from most. I'm trying medical marijuana to see if it works. You sound like Nancy Reagan.
Or habit.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbrand View Post
This is what I have learned since getting my card. The word Doctor is a joke when it comes to this subject. Use products at your own risk. The Doctors and the state are only in it for the money. There is no science or real quality control behind the safety. The so called quality controls are independent labs hired by the the manufacturer.

The fox is in charge of the Hen house.
The State of Florida (Governor, et al) has determined that this is how cannabis will be legally distributed in Florida. Fees are paid to the government, per order of the government. And the doctor gets his fees paid as well because why should he give his services away?

It's a racket, for sure. But it's a racket created, mandated, and imposed by the government of the state, not by the doctors.

If it was legal, there would be no doctors giving out medical cards because you could just go to the store and buy it, no card necessary. It'd be taxed, and the state would STILL get money. But they make more this way. Plus they can keep tabs on you just in case they change their mind.

If you have a problem with the doctors charging so much, so often, then take it up with the Governor. He's the one who signed the laws.

You can't even grow it for your own use, though it's been brought up several times in state legislature. The state doesn't want you growing it, because the state can't make money that way.
Closed Thread

Tags
prescription, cheapest, doctor, medical, marijuana

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.