Who is cheapest doctor to use to get a Medical Marijuana license / prescription?

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2022, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So here we are again. The OP asked for a cheaper way to obtain a medical marijuana card and now we're off on a dissertation distilling a complicated issue to black and white and the criminal justice system. What musical did the song "Johnny One Note" come from???? Is "white" use of weed higher than "black"---probably, but the population of the former is much higher. Are arrests and convictions higher in one group---probably. But is that because of some nefarious plan to "ensnare" minorities---doubt it. Consider that each individual case of drug arrests is different. Perhaps one group has had multiple prior arrests while the other may have more 1st time offenders. Perhaps one group pays for their drugs with dollars and the other bullets. Perhaps the quantities are different. I don't know, but the knee jerk reaction to blame everything on race is not helpful.
Old 04-23-2022, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

If you can’t afford a doctor , standing down wind from my lanai may be a cheaper option , who needs a doctor , when you have the same magic man for 10 years .. also when home in Boston I can eliminate the middleman man and buy over the counter
Old 04-23-2022, 09:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

What is delta 8 ?
Old 04-23-2022, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Delta 8 is a synthetic product that may or not be legal or safe that gives off a lower high then delta 9 , it hasn’t been researched enough so who knows , I’m a regular user , maybe one joint , sometimes 2 , I wouldn’t bother with it but I’m old fashioned. about my weed I just like regular nice buds lol
Old 04-23-2022, 09:45 AM
Default Is your Doctor stoned

This is what I have learned since getting my card. The word Doctor is a joke when it comes to this subject. Use products at your own risk. The Doctors and the state are only in it for the money. There is no science or real quality control behind the safety. The so called quality controls are independent labs hired by the the manufacturer.

The fox is in charge of the Hen house.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
If you can’t afford a doctor , standing down wind from my lanai may be a cheaper option , who needs a doctor , when you have the same magic man for 10 years .. also when home in Boston I can eliminate the middleman man and buy over the counter
funny story--each year when i renew, there are a list of recommendations on how to use & when. the recent advisory states i should smoke outside (!) on my own property. can you imagine that? 2 things will happen: one of my concerned neighbors may call the police, OR i will have everyone in Haven Villas @ my door, all long-lost friends
Old 04-23-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
What makes you think that - oh wait, maybe that is what the receptionist meant when I asked if I get my fee back if I don't qualify, and she replied with a smile, EVERYONE qualifies.
First of all, your primary physician is involved and has to document that you have medical issues that would qualify you for the benefits of marajuana. You don’t just walk into a marajuana clinic signing up for it. Yes, it is expensive, but it’s also safer as you have no idea what the kid at the school yard is selling..
Old 04-23-2022, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1516 View Post
First of all, your primary physician is involved and has to document that you have medical issues that would qualify you for the benefits of marajuana. You don’t just walk into a marajuana clinic signing up for it. Yes, it is expensive, but it’s also safer as you have no idea what the kid at the school yard is selling..
Maybe in theory, but in reality, your primary care physician wants nothing to do with it. He/she'll be happy to refer you to a licensed marijuana practitioner with a diagnosis that justifies it, but then will gracefully (and quickly) bow out. He will not want to deny you, nor will he want to deal with the red tape that is inevitable. Then, you go to the marijuana clinic where they will spend 5 minutes and give you a card for about $300. Then you go to a dispensary and get some THC product---but not to smoke. I hold a Colorado license and one of these "so called doctors" tried to recruit me, even though I practiced and lived in NY. The first such "doctors" that got into this (when it was only medical marijuana in Colorado) also owned the dispensaries and were grossing $ 1 million/ month------yes, per MONTH. I have no use for this type of "physician", and I doubt Florida is any different. I would like to ask my good friend blue for her opinion as well.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Ask for Joey, he is usually on corner of the Town Square in Sumter.

Tell'm Mr. Helpful sent you.
Don't you have to a sponsor before you can advertise your business
Old 04-23-2022, 12:58 PM
Default Simple solution

You are over thinking this. Just find yourself a Millennial . . .
Old 04-23-2022, 01:58 PM

I have a home in Maine. Recreation is legal. I went to a dispensery and was VERY impressed at how clean, efficient and professional it is. First stop was the greeter. Second stop was the advisor, (what do you want it for? Do you want smoke, gummy etc. ) next the cashier, the pharmacist (again very professional) the cost was reasonable. NO card or fee, no doctor. If in Maine give it a try, you will be pleased.
Old 04-23-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So here we are again. The OP asked for a cheaper way to obtain a medical marijuana card and now we're off on a dissertation distilling a complicated issue to black and white and the criminal justice system. What musical did the song "Johnny One Note" come from???? Is "white" use of weed higher than "black"---probably, but the population of the former is much higher. Are arrests and convictions higher in one group---probably. But is that because of some nefarious plan to "ensnare" minorities---doubt it. Consider that each individual case of drug arrests is different. Perhaps one group has had multiple prior arrests while the other may have more 1st time offenders. Perhaps one group pays for their drugs with dollars and the other bullets. Perhaps the quantities are different. I don't know, but the knee jerk reaction to blame everything on race is not helpful.
The number of people incarcerated for "simple possession" is miniscule...

It's "possession with intent to distribute", or "possession with a firearm (almost always illegally obtained)". They drop the gun charges in order to get a quick "guilty plea" and the prosecutors get to keep that high conviction rate...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-23-2022, 04:33 PM

"I called to check my zipcode"
Old 04-23-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Just say no to drugs. Keep your money.
Reality is for people who can't handle drugs. Someone please take my money!
Old 04-23-2022, 09:07 PM
Platinum member
Wink

I get some good stuff home grown from a relative.
Shhhh...
Closed Thread

Tags
prescription, cheapest, doctor, medical, marijuana

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.