Why are Canadian drugs cheaper

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2014, 07:20 AM
Gold member

If you watch any TV there are tons of Drug ads that cost a lot of $$$. Never could understand why they are advertising to consumers? Has anyone actually gone to the doctor and say I need XYZ drug because they say a TV ad? Most people go with what their doctor recommends. And as Zonerboy stated all the Lawyer ads for Bad Drugs and law suites add a big cost of doing business. One good law would be to put some limits on what attorneys can sue for.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
If you watch any TV there are tons of Drug ads that cost a lot of $$$. Never could understand why they are advertising to consumers? Has anyone actually gone to the doctor and say I need XYZ drug because they say a TV ad?
I have to disagree. I think an informed consumer is a good thing.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 10-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I couldn't agree more but lets

add term limits for Congress and maybe they won't be in the pockets of drug lobbyist.. Wishful thinking on my part.

Quote:
If you watch any TV there are tons of Drug ads that cost a lot of $$$. Never could understand why they are advertising to consumers? Has anyone actually gone to the doctor and say I need XYZ drug because they say a TV ad? Most people go with what their doctor recommends. And as Zonerboy stated all the Lawyer ads for Bad Drugs and law suites add a big cost of doing business. One good law would be to put some limits on what attorneys can sue for.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Maybe in Canada there are fewer lawyers fishing for clients on TV to sue drug companies.
Yes, and there are caps on payouts there too ...good thing IMHO.

And when we were there in June, we were buying sirloin steaks from the butcher for $2 each! Good size and great tasting. Ah, well...
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

There are two suppliers locally that I know of, one in Belleview and the other in Fruitland Park that sell Canadian meds. I've been using the one in Fruitland Park for over a year. Great service and really much cheaper than us drug suppliers.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Maybe it has to do with the National Health system in Canada.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
The cost to the health care system of malpractice is miniscule. Yes a bad drug can be a big problem for producers. (Except seemingly big tobacco) But they tend to win most cases unless it can be shown that the company did not do the right tests, buried information about risks, lied to regulators, didn't conduct proper post marketing follow up. You screw up you deserve to be litigated.

And yes, many many patients ask their doctors for drugs they see on TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.