Why ARE COVID cases plummeting? New infections have fallen 45% in the US ...

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
There have been about 27 million reported cases. We know that some people get it and have no symptoms so the number of people that have had it could be double that. We've also had somewhere around 30 million received at least the first vaccine injection which gives about 50% protection.

If these numbers are close, about 84 million people are somewhat immune.

That's about 25% of the US population. When only about 8% of the population have had reported cases.

I'm not saying this is the case but it is possible that this is why cases are down.

As far as deaths most people that die from Covid do not die immediately so we will continue to see deaths after everyone is vaccinated and the threat is gone.
Keep in mind it has been reported that natural immunity only lasts about 3 months. I'm not sure how that figures into your stats but there is that.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
The news isn't screaming in my face. I no longer listen to or trust ANYTHING the "news" says, especially with new advice that we are to continue mask wearing even AFTER the vaccine waiting period. Am I the only one saying WTH?
I'm going to continue with the mitigation efforts (masks, social distancing and frequent proper hand washing) after I'm immune because there are those variant strains out there. There may not be protection from those variants which is not good news for us all.

Tags
cases, percent, people, million, january

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.