Wife's Medicare Update

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Wife's Medicare Update

My previous post provided the details of my wife's dilemma when Verizon changed medical plans and when she tried to get into United Healthcare was booted by Medicare. First, thanks to all that gave us recommendations, nice to know that help is here when you need it. The update is that TVHC escalated the issue and we are working with someone in the Hollywood Florida office. Today we had a conference call with UHC, Verizon and my wife. It was a civil, professional and productive call. Verizon also initiated a conference call with their Part D provider so it was a phone party. Bottom line, Verizon confirmed that the cancellation with the Part D provider did not happen as it was supposed to do and is initiating the process (bureaucracy) to correct the error, will fax the information to UHC and copy us. If all goes well and as represented Medicare should accept my wife back into the UHC plan effective Jan 1 and UHC will handle any reimbursements from that time forward. Not over yet but can't articulate the surprise on how TVH and UHC handled the issues. We thought it was a closed case but they didn't and have been working diligently with my wife to get it resolved. Thanks again

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I am thrilled that things are on the correct path to getting to your bottom line. I know that not knowing where you stand with your Medical Benefits makes you need Medical Coverage even more. Our battle went on for so long I at one point almost gave up but hanging in there and bringing all the world's together got our situation resolved. We sleep better at night and knowing my wife is covered is priceless.

Being honest about what was going on in the Political Forum is something I wish I never did because I didn't know about the Venom that was involved with the other posters involved. I found help on the Main Forum as you did and still have occasional conflict with those who spewed the Venom on The Political Thread and that's from almost 4 years ago.

I'm as happy for you JoMar as if the good news was coming my way because I know the feeling of being stuck in the middle. Good for you both. I'm glad you shared your story.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:39 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

If your UHC insurance is reinstated, is this an Advantage plan that TVH accepts?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
If your UHC insurance is reinstated, is this an Advantage plan that TVH accepts?

Yes, she had an acceptable plan with Verizon but they made the decision to drop UHC and switch to Aetna which is not accepted. She has been in the VHC since we arrived 5 years ago.

Old 01-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

It's good to hear TVH stepped in and helped you out. I know a lot of people look for every opportunity to bash TVH because of their decision to only accept Advantage plans, but I've been very impressed with their desire to go above and beyond and help their patients.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Thank you for keeping us informed
Old 01-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
It's good to hear TVH stepped in and helped you out. I know a lot of people look for every opportunity to bash TVH because of their decision to only accept Advantage plans, but I've been very impressed with their desire to go above and beyond and help their patients.
We have been in TVHC system since we have been here and have nothing but great medical service since we have been here. That also includes The Villages Hospital (both of us have been in there) and the Specialty Care Center. My wife has been in the ER and because of her possible life threatening condition was taken right away. That is why it is so important for her to remain in this system and why we are also impressed with UHC getting involved.

Closed Thread

Tags
uhc, verizon, medicare, wife, call

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.