Wrist pain. Need help w/a doctor

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Wrist pain. Need help w/a doctor

Looking for any help to find a good doctor to help with wrist pain. Hopefully some help without an operation. Maybe something that works better than regular Advil?
Old 01-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Looking for any help to find a good doctor to help with wrist pain. Hopefully some help without an operation. Maybe something that works better than regular Advil?
Dr Cynthia Harding. She fixed my "trigger" finger. All she does is wrist/hand stuff.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I would highly recommend you consult with Dr. Vikram P. Mehta MD, FACS. His card reads: Board certified Reconstructive Hand and Microvascular Surgeory. 407-333-4548. He is that rare doctor who never over books, NEVER keeps you waiting, but gives you the time you need.

He is only in the area on a Tuesday. His main office is in Lake Mary. I was recommended to him when I could not get an appointment for three months at a clinic in TV. I took a chance and I cannot tell you how glad I am that I found this man. He is extremely knowledgeable, spends time with you and explains how all the bones and nerves in the hand work. I am suggesting him to you because the wrist is connected to the hand and he may be able to help. It is certainly worth you calling.

His local office is on 441 heading north just before you get to 42. If I can help send me a PM.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Dr Cynthia Harding. She fixed my "trigger" finger. All she does is wrist/hand stuff.
She is excellent, but her office staff are awful, she is booking three plus months out and you will wait for ages in her waiting room to see her.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
She is excellent, but her office staff are awful, she is booking three plus months out and you will wait for ages in her waiting room to see her.
I did have to wait for 3 months to get to see her but that is because she is in so much demand. Other people have mentioned Dr. Chin in the same build as being very good too and seems to be easier to get an appointment with.

When I went for my appointments I was seen in what I would call "pretty much" on time, that is within 20 minutes of my scheduled time. That's not as prompt as going to a Villages Health appointment but not bad.

I know some people really don't like the fact that she lets her rescue Shih Tzu dogs have the run of the office, even in the examining rooms when she is examining you.

She was able to fix my hand without surgery. She went out of her way to make sure the follow up physical therapist saw me promptly.

I have another finger that's beginning to have the same problem and I plan to go back to her to get it fixed.

I didn't have any problems with the staff... maybe I am just not critical enough
Old 01-26-2019, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I'm with you Bay Kid. The pain in my wrist is almost unbearable. I had a biopsy done and it was negative but living with the pain is not too good. I have an appointment with Dr. Either in a couple of weeks. I hope that isn't his name because he puts you to sleep. I'll let you know what I think and how it goes. It really is from the shoulder to the wrist.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Sage

My husband had an accident with a power saw a couple years ago. The urgent care doctor cauterized his injured finger which was almost cut off, and referred him, first to the ER, and then to Dr. Harding. She was able to see him within a few days. The outcome of this visit and the followup was that he completely healed within a month. She is great, regardless of which Sharpei dog accompanies her to the office that day.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:45 AM

I had stem cell treatment done on mine last May and within 2 months the pain went away. I had pain when writing and extreme pain when cutting meat.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Gloria Chen located behind Home Depot
Old 01-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Default A bit far to travel but well worth the time

Dr Thomas Wright UF Orthopedic & Rehab Medicine in Gainsville. (Division Chief Hand and Upper Extremity) He specializes in hand to shoulder. I have used him over the past 20 years for various hand and arm problems and my wife had shoulder replacement done by him and she was back playing 18 holes of golf 6 months later. Here is his information. The longer you wait to have the problem fixed the greater is the chance for permanent nerve damage. Thomas W. Wright, M.D. | Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation >> College of Medicine >> University of Florida
Old 01-28-2019, 10:28 AM

Ever thought of applying KEMP ( CBD) topical lotion?
Old 01-28-2019, 01:31 PM

Dr Cynthia Harding or her partner Dr Chen
Closed Thread

Tags
wrist, pain, doctor, operation, advil

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.