Your DR appointments?

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2020, 06:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,238 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
I had a Dr appt for thursday but received call from office that DR wants to do a video call. I'm not interested as dont even know how to do that. So she said we can do telephone call then. Although I wasn't happy I said ok but wondering how everyone is feeling about this. Wonder if DR charges insurance co same price for phone as office visit? Am I the only one not happy over this?
I have done two video apt and frankly I thought they went great......I Dr was running a little behind and stumbled a little with the app, but the Dr knew what was going on order my meds and off I went.
Best part I didn’t have to worry who was around me.

Last edited by Eg_cruz; 12-15-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,238 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Yes, they do charge the same as an office visit. And, I agree with you. I don't like it. I remember when my doctor would call me the same day or next day with test results and didn't charge anything. Now, you have to make an appointment and wait longer to get the results, and the doctor charges you as if you came into the office for an in person visit.
My Dr charged a flat $50 per call
Old 12-15-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
I had a Dr appt for thursday but received call from office that DR wants to do a video call. I'm not interested as dont even know how to do that. So she said we can do telephone call then. Although I wasn't happy I said ok but wondering how everyone is feeling about this. Wonder if DR charges insurance co same price for phone as office visit? Am I the only one not happy over this?
I wouldn’t do that either. I would find another doctor if you can. I have been too all my appointments in the past few months. I personally didn’t have an issue going into offices. And no I actually do medical billing, the price “should” be cheaper on phone call visit.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:33 AM

I love teleconferencing. It's much easier, saves driving and waiting room time and there's no risk of germs.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Theres a pandemic going on. Remember? Why would a dr want you in their office just to talk to you. This is convenient and easy and if you dont know how to do it, it doesnt make it bad. Learn how. What do you care what the insurance pays for it? Let them dispute it. Even after the pandemic, Im sure this will be a regular practice. Get used to it
Old 12-15-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I hope you are correct about being able to make appointments after the virus goes away. But, now, I am being charged for phone calls that used to be free. They are using the virus as an excuse to schedule a phone call and get $100 for a 5 minute call. I complained to my insurance company, but they said it is allowed because of the virus.
It really doesn't matter what the insurance company pays your doctor what important is you get quality safe health care with no additional out of pocket cost. What would you say if you were charged more for an in person visit? Would you then be more open to telemed appointment? I've had two Telemed appts and they were both great discussion and very efficient.
Don't you think in this troublemose times you would opt for the safest appt possible?
Participating in a video(Telemed) dr appt is no more difficult than logging into a local blog to bitch about how you don't know how to do them.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

our dr.'s give us the option to do tele-appts. we did a few & were not satisfied by the 'visit.' you can request to see the dr. in person, by telling the office video calls are not satisfactory.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoMac View Post
You have the option to go into the office. If you are not comfortable with a teleconference opt for the in person.
It's not always an option.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Not always, I didnt / don't.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Are you a doc in The Villages or close?
Old 12-15-2020, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I had a Dr appt for thursday but received call from office that DR wants to do a video call. I'm not interested as dont even know how to do that. So she said we can do telephone call then. Although I wasn't happy I said ok but wondering how everyone is feeling about this. Wonder if DR charges insurance co same price for phone as officesit? Am I the only one not happy over this?
I have experienced video and phone visits and. Have been very satisfied with both. Saves me time and get desired results, if a serious issue the Doctor will see you. I recommend both for routine checkups.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
It really doesn't matter what the insurance company pays your doctor what important is you get quality safe health care with no additional out of pocket cost. What would you say if you were charged more for an in person visit? Would you then be more open to telemed appointment? I've had two Telemed appts and they were both great discussion and very efficient.
Don't you think in this troublemose times you would opt for the safest appt possible?
Participating in a video(Telemed) dr appt is no more difficult than logging into a local blog to bitch about how you don't know how to do them.
I would agree, but I am now charged a $25 copay every time the doctor calls me, even for a 5 minute call, and he bills the call as an office visit. Before the virus, he used to call with a routine test result and there was no charge. And, you usually cannot get an in-person appointment. Some doctors are obviously taking advantage of the virus situation with no increase in safety.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:43 AM

I too was skeptical initially of my doctor’s office offer to handle a consultation by a video call. However I found my doctor more relaxed and with more time available to answer questions following up on recent test results. And yes, “telemedicine” is now being reimbursed by major insurance carriers and Medicare.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:46 AM
Default I decline those

Quote:
That's ridiculous. The only reason they want the phone call is for billing. No doctor can evaluate you over the phone; especially without video. How would he / she notice anything physical. A buddy of mine was offered a video call for a heart check up. How the hell will they do an EKG to check his heart over the phone / internet. Answer: they won't. But the "appointment" would be billable and that's the main reason for these virtual doctor's visits. If I don't get to see a doctor, I'm not paying a doctor.

And, yes, they will charge the SAME high price as they would for an office visit.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Fear of this virus, media and politically driven, has people going batty. This tele stuff is okay for more routine issues but a doctor can see things that you are not telling them about or notice irregularities which may be subtle. I would like to meet the mechanic who can fix your car over the phone.
Closed Thread

Tags
call, office, happy, phone, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.