Your Gentle Dentist (Franz Brignol)

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Default Your Gentle Dentist (Franz Brignol)

Does anyone have experience with Your Gentle Dentist, Dr. Franz Brignol? Thank you in advance.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:19 PM

He is out to get peoples money. I went and the girl didn't even get the X-rays right. He came in without reading an X-ray, looked in my mouth and said I needed a $900 crown on Monday. I got another opinion and this guy said your teeth are perfect. Haven't seen teeth like that in a long time. No cavities as usual. I filled out a complaint with the Fla. Health Dept. etc. etc. Sent in the proper paperwork and xrays/records from both offices. They emailed me and said they needed better X-rays. I said those are the originals! So they didn't do anything to him. This was Jan. 2015. The other day I drove by and a guy was holding a sign saying he was a bad dentist to call these numbers and report him. So there you go, more people being screwed.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Uuuhhmm Hhhaa
Old 03-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Sage

My experience with dentists around and in TV has not been good. Every dentists I went to insisted my teeth needed a deep cleaning for over $600 and a regular cleaning would not be done.

Went to the "gentle dentist" with a small hole in a tooth and he informed me that he needed to remove my bridge and it would cost $2,000. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

There was a woman at the checkout counter being told she needed to make another appointment for a lot of money and she sighed but made the appointment. I felt sorry for her.

I broke my bridge on my way back to New York and my old dentists repaired it for $500. I shutter to think of what I would have been charged down here. I will continue my search for an honest dentist in my plan. If I can't find one, I will go to someone recommended by friends and pay the full freight. Some things are not worth trying to cut corners on.

BTW - My old dentists confirmed I did not need a deep cleaning that Dr Brignol suggested. When I said my old dentists said I didn't need a deep cleaning, Dr. Brignol said, "he doesn't know what he is talking about". That statement got me upset. Nuff said.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-24-2016, 12:46 PM
Default Best dental experience ever

Can't say enough good about Colony Modern Dentistry! We arrived in Sept with our adult learning disabled son after a long roundabout move. He needs to have his teeth cleaned every 3 months and we were well overdue. Though they had no appointments available for months, the receptionist spoke with Dr. Penrod, and subsequently set him up with an appointment the same week! He has now been there twice.
I managed to get called finally last week to fill a cancellation. I've always been a coward at the dentist even getting routine cleanings because of awful childhood experiences. I have to say that I saw Jonathan (Tues/Thurs) and was thrilled to have had the best, most pain-free cleaning ever! Never did I think I'd ever write anything positive about going to the dentist, but MODERN dental equipment and a talented hygienist made all the difference.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:41 AM

I am a dental hygienist who has some knowledge of good dentistry. My teeth are in wonderful condition, as one would expect. I have had 3 dentists in TV tell me that I needed extensive restorative work, "deep cleaning", new x-rays every year (every five years is the recommended) etc. BEWARE! Caution is the buzz word, get second opinions, and third if necessary. It is worth the time and trouble.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Gold member

My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Brignol for 9 years. He has done some bridge work for me which was probably needed. When he does a dental plan basically there is no pressure to have the work done. We go there every 3 months for dental cleaning. We personally don't have any problems with him.
Just wanted to mention the other side.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-16-2016, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

We saw Dr. Brignol recently. I had a checkup 6 months ago before we came to The Villages and it was time for a cleaning. He would not do this without a new patient exam.

After looking at me for 30 seconds he presented a proposal for over $3200 in work. We are getting our x-rays and going somewhere else.
Closed Thread

Tags
franz, brignol, gentle, dentist, advance, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.