Archery Range - Compound Bows

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Default Archery Range - Compound Bows

During our last visit to TV we took a ride up above Spanish Springs to the Archery Range. It brought back many memories except the bows that they were using looked like something out of the future. It has been about 40 years since I was on a range with my old re-curve. We will be back in TV the first week of October and I would like to pick it up again. I was wondering if someone could give me a little help in what I should look for in purchasing a "beginner's" compound bow. Never tried one so I need all the help I could get. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

There is an active archery club here and lots of help is available.
Lots of info here:
villagesarchery.com
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Sage

Many, many people still use the recurve bows. You can pick one up at the Paradise Recreation center for free to practice at the range or go and watch at the range and talk to someone there. They may loan you a recurve or a compound bow from their storage area to get you started.

To enter site
click HERE: Entry

Range Schedule
Tues, Weds, Thursday 1:00-3:00pm Structured Shooting. No registration necessary. Please be there by 1:00pm or you may not be able to shoot. Open to all Village residents and their guests 13 years or older with valid I.D. & proper attire
No fee for equipment use or instruction.

Ist, 2nd, & 3rd Friday of each month from 1:00 -3:00pm is a 3 week course for beginning archers. Must be a Village resident. No guest privileges. Must sign up at Paradise Rec. Center. Proper attire required. Class size is limited. Archery club members get 1st preference. No fee

4th & 5th Fridays of each month is an organized shoot open to all Villagers. Must have basic skills. No instruction provided. Equipment available for those who need it. No fee. Must have I.D. and proper attire.

Weds. morning 9:00-12:00noon. Barebow shoot open to all Villagers. Must have basic skills. No instruction provided. Equipment is provided for those who need it. No fee. Proper attire and I.D. required.

The above activities are Recreation Department Programs...not club programs. They are governed by Recreation Dept. rules.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Veteran member

There is no archery equipment at Paradise Rec Center. All equipment is at the range. Equipment is available at the range Tue through Thur from 1 to 3.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.