Bowlers needed

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts
Smile Bowlers needed

I am on several bowling teams at Spanish Springs lanes, typically a 12:30 start or 3:30 PM start, and many of the leagues are short on bowlers. If you are interested, stop by the lanes at least 1/2 hour before start. There are fliers at the desk, and the league secretary would be available for team assignment. Depending on the league the cost is either $15 or $16 per week, and we have lots of fun. These leagues run to around mid April.
Hope to c u soon!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage

Do you know the nature of any of the leagues? How many on a team for instance?

The website league calendar is nice, but it only gives dates, times, name of league, etc. Nothing about how many on a team. I don't mean to sound picky, but for example...5-person teams move a little too slow for my liking. 2-person teams the other end of the spectrum. 3 or 4 person teams are a good compromise.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I love to bowl, but I'm not very good--100+/- per game if I'm lucky. I'm very good at court sports, but not at throwing a 12-lb ball. It keeps me from asking to join a league. But I really like it. Is there something for me? I wouldn't want to drag a team down.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Sage

Update, all of the leagues are handicapped. Bowlers range from averages of 100 or less to 200 or more. The handicap levels the playing field. CFrance, yes there is a place for you, and you will find lots of people willing to help you improve.

The Thursday Hacienda league needs several bowlers (starts at 12:30 pm) arrive at noon. The teams are 4 bowlers per team, at least one bowler of the opposite sex on each team.

These are all FUN leagues, and a great way to meet people and make new friends. If you stop by the Spanish Springs lanes and go to the desk, there are flyers for the winter leagues as well as contact information for each of the league secretaries.

Hope to see you there.
VT
Old 09-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Update, all of the leagues are handicapped. Bowlers range from averages of 100 or less to 200 or more. The handicap levels the playing field. CFrance, yes there is a place for you, and you will find lots of people willing to help you improve.

The Thursday Hacienda league needs several bowlers (starts at 12:30 pm) arrive at noon. The teams are 4 bowlers per team, at least one bowler of the opposite sex on each team.

These are all FUN leagues, and a great way to meet people and make new friends. If you stop by the Spanish Springs lanes and go to the desk, there are flyers for the winter leagues as well as contact information for each of the league secretaries.

Hope to see you there.
VT
Thank you. I'm very interested. We will be back end of November. Is there any contact info?
Old 09-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Thank you. I'm very interested. We will be back end of November. Is there any contact info?
It would be best to go to the Spanish Springs bowling alley and get a copy of the bowling leagues and when they play. Then you can pick, and call the league secretary. I am only a bowler, and not a secretary for any of the leagues.

I am hoping more are interested, please stop by.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

OP, I’ve heard that bowling was the number one sport in The Villages. I see your passion and good luck getting those leagues filled. Not a bowler, sorry.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage

JustJim, I think I have bowled against you (big grin), or maybe just some other people imitating being a bowler. I am sure we will pick up a few snow birds, but could still use some more full time bowlers. My wife mentioned that some leagues (yes she bowls also) are short on subs.

Hope to see you at the lanes!
Old 09-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Sage

As of today, 9/11, several leagues are still short of bowlers, please come out, all of these leagues are a lot of fun.

Tags
start, bowlers, lanes, leagues, league

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.