Lawn Bowling

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Default Lawn Bowling

Hi all! I noticed while swimming at the Rio Grande family pool there is a field for lawn bowling and croquet. Does anyone know if there is equipment available to play or is it just for members of a club? If so how do I get the equipment. There looks like a locked container by the field but I'm not sure what it is. Thanks
Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyshorenomore View Post
Hi all! I noticed while swimming at the Rio Grande family pool there is a field for lawn bowling and croquet. Does anyone know if there is equipment available to play or is it just for members of a club? If so how do I get the equipment. There looks like a locked container by the field but I'm not sure what it is. Thanks
http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf This is the link to the list of clubs in The Villages and Lawn Bowling and Croquet are listed. One of my relatives lawn bowls and I took her over to look at the area, she was not impressed with the condition of the grass, but it is playable. I believe, not sure, that both clubs are run by British residents of TV and they adhere strictly to all whites while playing. If you call the guy running the lawn bowling I am sure he will be glad to help you get a game.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-09-2013, 04:01 AM

All whites? Well, I'm out then. I'm mixed.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
All whites? Well, I'm out then. I'm mixed.
Oh really cute!!! White is the "official" uniform for lawn bowls or croquet, where my friend plays they are not allowed on the (whatever it's called) if they are not in white.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 AM

No, that's what I meant. I don't have all whites. My clothes are mixed, like brown and green, and some stripes.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Default Lawn Bowling

Lawn bowls is a great sport and no, not white clothing here in the States. For normal fun games, attire is casual and flat soled footwear is necessary so that the surface of the green is not damaged. Look for online videos on the sport and you will find many showing how the game is played. Croquet club is run by a very nice American guy and that is another great game.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.