Open Play Rules

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2016, 12:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I went to beginners play yesterday as I haven’t graduated from PB103 to attend Advanced Beginner sessions. While I am still a work in progress, my partner for that game was playing quite well. Our opponents were beginner beginners who didn’t start the game in the correct positions which put them at a disadvantage from the get-go. We tried to be nice in giving them suggestions on positions. They accused us of playing in the wrong class and then left the courts after the first game. While I would like my game to be at an open level, I have not achieved that yet. It was a hot day and I hope the couple we faced that day would cool down and continue to learn to play BP. It’s only a game played for fun!
If you believe that your game has improved, go ahead and give advanced beginner a try.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
If you believe that your game has improved, go ahead and give advanced beginner a try.
I agree, if you know how to keep score, understand the two bounce rule, and can serve and rally. Move up. Beginning play IMO give player chance to rally some while leaning rules, where to stand, how to keep score.

Now if you never played racket or paddle sport before it may take little longer get good strokes going. Especially on the
backhand side.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, open, friends, game, time, rules, playing, recreation, written, people, volleyball, water, left, facilities, person, good, required, sit, couple, personally, description, level, departments, verbal, based

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.