The Pool table

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts
Default The Pool table

OK, been here couple years, played on most villages tables. At first I thought most tables were OK? Now only good comment I have is? They are free. I would hate to have to pay to play on them, other than amenities fees.

Most Pockets don't line up, ( from being redone or redone improperly? I don't know only that they don't match rails), shims mismatch angles, Lighting at some rec centers is horrendous, might as well just hang light bulb up. Who decided to have all 9 foot tables, not all pool played on 9 footer, matter fact most pool played on 8 or 7 foot tables since about 1965? (wouldn't shorter table be cheaper to maintain, have more room in billiard rooms, and be easier to reach for OLDER generation? (not me I am excellent crutch user being ex English snooker player) Don't say all the same? tables are not the same. Not all golf course are the same length. I bet it they put 8 foot gold crown tables in one rec center it would be so crowded you couldn't get one them IMO?

IMO Only thing going on these tables are the same for all of us. We all get the flop in the corner pockets (course there going be few that are so good they think nothing wrong) from the misaligned, shimmed crappie pockets. This why most straight pool players can't get pass the first rack or two, course there couple ex-Pros (legends in Keep my comments to myself) that can get pass one or two with *** corner pockets. I never heard good comment about them (especially when ball flops) (only table I have shot on you can hit ball straight down the Rail and flop out) other than they are free and you can't knock free!

Now you know when the pro's come to the villages (which we will probably not see them again) bring table with them or it's in the contract. They don't want to shoot on less than average tables so they won't be embarrassed.

O by the I heard comments on the sliver lake tables, no better and some think they are worse due to dead rails from one table to the next. You can try to change my mind or dispute my opinion, but you maybe be wasting you time?
Closed Thread

Tags
tables, table, pockets, pool, foot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.