Senior Games

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Senior Games

I don't wish to detract from the fine performances of our athletes, but I consider it a shame that The Villages Senior Games are held so late in the year.

Many of our snowbirds head home to family for Easter so are unable to compete. Holding the Games at the beginning of March would boost participation and make the events more competitive.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Gold member

On the flip side, many residents stay here for Easter because their families want to come down from the frozen north and get out of that grind and be in the sunshine.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
On the flip side, many residents stay here for Easter because their families want to come down from the frozen north and get out of that grind and be in the sunshine.
That's true, but if the Games were held in early March then those people who are eligible to compete - 55 and up - would still be here.

Certainly, it is nice to "perform" in front of family, but the fields entered for some of the track events, for example, were pitifully small.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Maybe that's why it's held Later for the full time resident's in florida? Not that familiar with the rules but I think it's state event?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.