Senior Games schedule

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts
Default Senior Games schedule

If I am looking at the Senior games schedule right. I predict low turn out. Notice most like events scheduled on the said day and times. Example PB singles, Doubles, mixed doubles all start on same day and time 8 am. Along with tennis singles events. Yes I called and inquired and said that's the schedule listed for all events.

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...gistration.pdf

I know scheduling several events can be nightmare and getting volunteers to work, but like events on the same day and time reduces participation IMO.

For the ones: don't like don't play or move ..satire.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

Exactly. They have way too many events scheduled on the same days. Many of us are having to skip normal events to participate in others. They are only losing $$ by doing this.
I'm probably going to skip my strongest sport because there won't be any competitors since they're doing other events.

It's bad enough they moved it up a month to when it will be much colder at 8am. Doesn't make for pleasant competition.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
It's bad enough they moved it up a month to when it will be much colder at 8am. Doesn't make for pleasant competition.
I am pleased that they moved it up a month because having it in April meant that many snowbirds had already left, reducing participant numbers.

However, I do agree that it is too cold to start events at 8am.

Same with the "Running the Squares". A later start would be much better.
Closed Thread

Tags
events, schedule, day, singles, senior, doubles, time, games, nightmare, volunteers, scheduling, move, satire, chilout, play, reduces, participation, imo, work, predict, times, low, scheduled, notice, turn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.