Water Volleyball needs you!!!

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Default Water Volleyball needs you!!!

I would just like to remind all residents that water volleyball at Savannah Sports Pool invites you to join in the fun. This is BASIC play for all folks. Low-key. New residents: if you have never played water volleyball, start now! Low impact on your joints; the water is kept at about 80 degrees; everyone plays and has fun. You don't have to be intimidated.... all are welcomed. We need you.
Check the Recreation News for the times. We play EVERYDAY. Saturday time starts at 2:50pm; Sunday is at 11:50am. Two hours play, but if you have to leave early, that's fine just tell your teammates at the start of play. Enter the pool and stand with everyone else and you will be selected for a team.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM

Sounds like fun! I might give it a try when I arrive in December!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 PM

Wow, the last time I played there they were so unfriendly that I got out of the pool and left mid game. That is putting it mildly! Sounds like a new fun group? Will give it a try but not until the warmer months.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I will be joining you all next week.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM

If you have never played before I suggest you go to an orientation class first. They will go over the rules and practice the basic skills required. Classes are held a Sea Breeze on Tuesdays (12-2) and Thursdays (1-3).
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 PM

Savannah pool is now BASIC play; not much to know about any rules. You can learn the game in a couple of plays. Other pools are more competitive. We're looking for new folks at Savannah to build upon the current players. Saturday, 2:50 start time. Sunday, 11:50am start time. Players are selected on a daily basis, there are NO regular teams. Everyday you're on a different team. A nice way to meet other Villagers.
Tell your friends and family up North that you played water volleyball in December.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Gold member

I'll be joining you in Jan. !
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie24 View Post
Thanks for the info. I will be joining you all next week.
Play is EVERYDAY.
T-W-T- and Saturday ..... 2:50pm start time
Sunday-M-F ..... 11:50am start time
water is set at about 80 degrees temperature
When you arrive just stand with everyone else and you will be chosen for a team. Give it more than just a one day trial. After about 4 or 5 days, you'll be a pro. When the ball comes to you you can pass it to a team member or hit it over the net yourself.
Along with leenie24, ALL are welcomed and we looking forward to saying hello. Remember: this is BASIC play. No one expects you to be Olympic caliber. None of us are and that's for sure.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eileen9 View Post
Savannah pool is now BASIC play; not much to know about any rules. You can learn the game in a couple of plays. Other pools are more competitive. We're looking for new folks at Savannah to build upon the current players. Saturday, 2:50 start time. Sunday, 11:50am start time. Players are selected on a daily basis, there are NO regular teams. Everyday you're on a different team. A nice way to meet other Villagers.
Tell your friends and family up North that you played water volleyball in December.
I've played all levels of water volleyball Social thru advanced and unless the people who played at Savannah 6 months ago no longer play there the talent level at that pool is higher than Lake Miona (Intermediate level). Probably 4 of the top women in The Villages play at Savannah during the weekend water volleyball.
I have been involved in the training of over 300 new players this year and I would say that less than 10 could play at Savannah. To gain experience they should go to a training clas and then start at Sea Breeze (Basic). Rick's group at Sea Beeze is where 99% of the new people should start.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I would just like to remind all residents that water volleyball at Savannah Sports Pool invites you to join in the fun. This is BASIC play for all folks. Low-key. New residents: if you have never played water volleyball, start now! Low impact on your joints; the water is kept at about 80 degrees; everyone plays and has fun. You don't have to be intimidated.... all are welcomed. We need you.
Check the Recreation News for the times. We play EVERYDAY. Saturday time starts at 2:50pm; Sunday is at 11:50am. Two hours play, but if you have to leave early, that's fine just tell your teammates at the start of play. Enter the pool and stand with everyone else and you will be selected for a team.
Hi, I'm the Ambassador at Savannah, and we have always invited any newcomers to join us. We explain about the orientation on Tues and Thurs at Seabreeze, but we never push them away, nor do we intimidate anyone. This is why I am saying about the original note, I don't know who is writing it. We may be called Basic, but it is because Savannah wants to throw the ball instead of hitting it. Other than that, we play an Intermediate game and enjoy all our players. As far as leaving early, that is the same at all the pools, just like all newcomers are welcomed at all the pools and levels except the advanced. NO POOL CAN TURN AWAY A NEWCOMER except advanced !!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 AM

Do you need a physical to play?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to LynnDeb

Sound like fun!!! can't wait to become a Villager!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 PM

Before doing anything physical, you should always talk to your Dr. I have a bad knee and a bad back, and being in the water is great. Any water sports or exercise if good, just keeping active is what we need. As far as fun, it is fantastic, I am addicted to it. I guess thats the best addiction for me.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Eileen, do you play at Savannah? I have never met an Eileen there, are you so new that I don't know you. I play there 6 days a week. Please introduce yourself to me, especially if someone intimidated you, I will straighten that out. I am sorry if it did happen. That is my part of my job as Ambassador to make sure everything is pleasant and happy. We are there for fun and good play.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.