Antonio Brown

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Default Antonio Brown

Anyone get suspicious about the Antonio Brown move. NFL has lost all creditability when they let a bad actor do what he did over the last couple months then have the ability to go to the Patriots . Now 3 agents for players for the Dolphins want players they represent out of their contracts. The ball has started rolling. Roger Goodell has lost control.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Anyone get suspicious about the Antonio Brown move. NFL has lost all creditability when they let a bad actor do what he did over the last couple months then have the ability to go to the Patriots . Now 3 agents for players for the Dolphins want players they represent out of their contracts. The ball has started rolling. Roger Goodell has lost control.
If you were a Dolphins players wouldn't you? A new head coach, they traded away their best offensive lineman to the Broncos last week. They got beat bad at home on opening day 59-10.

As far as Antonio Brown. Unless he broke league rules, the NFL can't really discipline him, so the Pats were free to sign him. Who to say it's going to work out well for them. He's lost a bunch of guaranteed money to sign a one year deal for $10 million with the possibility of $15 mill if the bonuses kick in.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you were a Dolphins players wouldn't you? A new head coach, they traded away their best offensive lineman to the Broncos last week. They got beat bad at home on opening day 59-10.

As far as Antonio Brown. Unless he broke league rules, the NFL can't really discipline him, so the Pats were free to sign him. Who to say it's going to work out well for them. He's lost a bunch of guaranteed money to sign a one year deal for $10 million with the possibility of $15 mill if the bonuses kick in.
I am curious as to how a player can get released and three hours later a new contract can be structured, agreed to by the agent, signed off by the player, and executed. Smells very fishy to me.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
I am not suspicious at all. As far as I know, the NFL and the teams are private companies, and they can hire whoever they want and pay them whatever want to pay them. If I had a financial interest in the NFL, I may have a different opinion.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Brown

Glad he is no longer a steeler and someone else’s problem. If Belechek can keep him straight, they may have bought them another super bowl for 10 to 15 million
Old 09-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Normally a player has to go on waivers, which means the teams would have the right to sign him in the order of the draft. The Pats would be last. However, since this happened before the start of the season and Brown has more than 4 years in the league, he is simply a free agent.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I think it's unfortunate when a player "bucks the system" and refuses to follow the rules, yet gets picked up by a potential Superbowl winning team. I think bad behavior should have consequences. It sends a bad message.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

The whole AB thing kind of smells like the NFL is beginning to operate like the NBA, where the players dictate where they want to play and have the freedom to make their wishes happen. Not good for the league. As a lifelong diehard Patriots fan, I wish they never signed this guy. His talent is indisputable, but his character , or lack thereof, is also indisputable. The Pat's are good enough to make another super bowl run without the circus that will certainly follow this guy, so why bring in the distraction and use up their remaining salary cap space????
Old 09-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The whole AB thing kind of smells like the NFL is beginning to operate like the NBA, where the players dictate where they want to play and have the freedom to make their wishes happen. Not good for the league. As a lifelong diehard Patriots fan, I wish they never signed this guy. His talent is indisputable, but his character , or lack thereof, is also indisputable. The Pat's are good enough to make another super bowl run without the circus that will certainly follow this guy, so why bring in the distraction and use up their remaining salary cap space????
Good for you!!! I was worried Patriots fans would defend the decision. It "warms my heart" to know someone who benefits from the move still thinks it's a bad move... I hate rewarding bad behavior....
Old 09-10-2019, 06:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

IMHO and being a Pats fan, I think it was a good move. They needed a quality player like AB to replace Gronk. And I would bet that Belichek and Brady had a come to Jesus meeting with him before he was signed. And he will stop his bad act or spend his time on the bench or gone.

Can you imagine his thoughts watching Sunday nights game? He has to realize they might need him, but they can also play well without him. He is not stupid and has to know he needs to shape up if he wants Brady to throw him the ball.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Is anyone else suspicious that now that AB is gone from The Patriots that all the accusations, lawsuits and media stories about them have gone away?

We never heard any of this stuff until he got to The Patriots and now we hear nothing about them.

I think that there had to be something else for The Patriots to have let him go like that. Something must have gone on behind the scenes that no one is talking about.

You don't fire a person because of unsubstantiated allegations.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
...We never heard any of this stuff until he got to The Patriots...
Really?!? Many did.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Is anyone else suspicious that now that AB is gone from The Patriots that all the accusations, lawsuits and media stories about them have gone away?

We never heard any of this stuff until he got to The Patriots and now we hear nothing about them.

I think that there had to be something else for The Patriots to have let him go like that. Something must have gone on behind the scenes that no one is talking about.

You don't fire a person because of unsubstantiated allegations.
Well all I can say is you must pay attention to only Patriots news. His problems in Pittsburgh and Oakland were widely reported and well known by many. If you want a good rundown of his character you can read the article in the current Sports Illustrated.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:14 PM

Mr. Brown is a fine, upstanding gentleman who has been badly treated by the Fake news media. His spotless reputation has been sullied by publicity seekers and disgruntled fans. He is currently back in college to learn readin' and ritin and rithmetic. A role model for everyone. If he can stay out of jail, he may actually graduate. Yeah. Right.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Just another spoiled player who wants his own way.

Tags
brown, lost, players, antonio, dolphins

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.