Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Antonio Brown
  #1  
Old 09-09-2019, 04:35 PM
JGVillages JGVillages is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: TV Calumet Grove
Posts: 770
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Antonio Brown

Anyone get suspicious about the Antonio Brown move. NFL has lost all creditability when they let a bad actor do what he did over the last couple months then have the ability to go to the Patriots . Now 3 agents for players for the Dolphins want players they represent out of their contracts. The ball has started rolling. Roger Goodell has lost control.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 09-09-2019, 04:42 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,120
Thanks: 5
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Anyone get suspicious about the Antonio Brown move. NFL has lost all creditability when they let a bad actor do what he did over the last couple months then have the ability to go to the Patriots . Now 3 agents for players for the Dolphins want players they represent out of their contracts. The ball has started rolling. Roger Goodell has lost control.
If you were a Dolphins players wouldn't you? A new head coach, they traded away their best offensive lineman to the Broncos last week. They got beat bad at home on opening day 59-10.

As far as Antonio Brown. Unless he broke league rules, the NFL can't really discipline him, so the Pats were free to sign him. Who to say it's going to work out well for them. He's lost a bunch of guaranteed money to sign a one year deal for $10 million with the possibility of $15 mill if the bonuses kick in.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:14 PM
eweissenbach's Avatar
eweissenbach eweissenbach is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV
Posts: 4,212
Thanks: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If you were a Dolphins players wouldn't you? A new head coach, they traded away their best offensive lineman to the Broncos last week. They got beat bad at home on opening day 59-10.

As far as Antonio Brown. Unless he broke league rules, the NFL can't really discipline him, so the Pats were free to sign him. Who to say it's going to work out well for them. He's lost a bunch of guaranteed money to sign a one year deal for $10 million with the possibility of $15 mill if the bonuses kick in.
I am curious as to how a player can get released and three hours later a new contract can be structured, agreed to by the agent, signed off by the player, and executed. Smells very fishy to me.
__________________
Oldcoach Ed
"You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails" "Be yourself - everyone else is taken"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:48 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,590
Thanks: 18
Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Anyone get suspicious about the Antonio Brown move. NFL has lost all creditability when they let a bad actor do what he did over the last couple months then have the ability to go to the Patriots . Now 3 agents for players for the Dolphins want players they represent out of their contracts. The ball has started rolling. Roger Goodell has lost control.
I am not suspicious at all. As far as I know, the NFL and the teams are private companies, and they can hire whoever they want and pay them whatever want to pay them. If I had a financial interest in the NFL, I may have a different opinion.
Reply With Quote
Brown
  #5  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Fredman's Avatar
Fredman Fredman is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Posts: 598
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Brown

Glad he is no longer a steeler and someone else’s problem. If Belechek can keep him straight, they may have bought them another super bowl for 10 to 15 million
__________________
GO STEELERS
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2019, 08:20 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,120
Thanks: 5
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Normally a player has to go on waivers, which means the teams would have the right to sign him in the order of the draft. The Pats would be last. However, since this happened before the start of the season and Brown has more than 4 years in the league, he is simply a free agent.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Northwoods Northwoods is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Villages
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I think it's unfortunate when a player "bucks the system" and refuses to follow the rules, yet gets picked up by a potential Superbowl winning team. I think bad behavior should have consequences. It sends a bad message.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2019, 09:45 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 1,094
Thanks: 55
Thanked 65 Times in 31 Posts
Default

The whole AB thing kind of smells like the NFL is beginning to operate like the NBA, where the players dictate where they want to play and have the freedom to make their wishes happen. Not good for the league. As a lifelong diehard Patriots fan, I wish they never signed this guy. His talent is indisputable, but his character , or lack thereof, is also indisputable. The Pat's are good enough to make another super bowl run without the circus that will certainly follow this guy, so why bring in the distraction and use up their remaining salary cap space????
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Northwoods Northwoods is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The Villages
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The whole AB thing kind of smells like the NFL is beginning to operate like the NBA, where the players dictate where they want to play and have the freedom to make their wishes happen. Not good for the league. As a lifelong diehard Patriots fan, I wish they never signed this guy. His talent is indisputable, but his character , or lack thereof, is also indisputable. The Pat's are good enough to make another super bowl run without the circus that will certainly follow this guy, so why bring in the distraction and use up their remaining salary cap space????
Good for you!!! I was worried Patriots fans would defend the decision. It "warms my heart" to know someone who benefits from the move still thinks it's a bad move... I hate rewarding bad behavior....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:12 AM
l2ridehd's Avatar
l2ridehd l2ridehd is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bridgeport At Miona Shores
Posts: 3,436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default

IMHO and being a Pats fan, I think it was a good move. They needed a quality player like AB to replace Gronk. And I would bet that Belichek and Brady had a come to Jesus meeting with him before he was signed. And he will stop his bad act or spend his time on the bench or gone.

Can you imagine his thoughts watching Sunday nights game? He has to realize they might need him, but they can also play well without him. He is not stupid and has to know he needs to shape up if he wants Brady to throw him the ball.
__________________
Life is to short to drink cheap wine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brown, lost, players, antonio, dolphins

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.