browns games not on t.v.

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default browns games not on t.v.

The Browns game tomorrow does not seem to be on TV..thought we would get to see them play seeing as they play a Florida team. We live near Colony...any idas on where to see the game...any place in The Villages?
Old 10-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Beef O'Brady's
Old 10-19-2014, 09:12 AM

The Pub at 1'oclock, get there early we have over 130 people that come every week.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
The Browns game tomorrow does not seem to be on TV..thought we would get to see them play seeing as they play a Florida team. We live near Colony...any idas on where to see the game...any place in The Villages?
There is a browns backer bar in the fiesta bowl bar, it's a bowling alley with a separate bar. Right behind Perkins on 441, my husband goes every game & has a great time. Get there by noon, or before to get a seat. GO BROWNS!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:20 AM

Beef O'Bradys in Wildwood has all the games and is less crowded than
Beef O'Bradys at Colony.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Eternal Member

Since the Jags are considered our area, I guess the game is blacked out because of poor ticket sales. Too bad. I really wanted to see that game.

Z
Old 10-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It's hard to figure out which teams are broadcast here. Today they showing the Dolphins at Chicago. They usually show one of the Florida teams, but it's different every week.

I remember the Patriots were playing the Dolphins and I expected that the game would be shown locally. They were showing Tampa Bay instead. Sometimes it's the Jaguars.

I love going to Gators Dockside in Town Square at Spanish Springs to watch the games. It's a great atmosphere and good food. You'll find plenty of fans rooting for your team and you'll get to sit together. In fact, I'm usually disappointed when the Pats don't play on Sunday. I miss going to Gator's.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It's hard to figure out which teams are broadcast here. Today they showing the Dolphins at Chicago. They usually show one of the Florida teams, but it's different every week.

I remember the Patriots were playing the Dolphins and I expected that the game would be shown locally. They were showing Tampa Bay instead. Sometimes it's the Jaguars.

I love going to Gators Dockside in Town Square at Spanish Springs to watch the games. It's a great atmosphere and good food. You'll find plenty of fans rooting for your team and you'll get to sit together. In fact, I'm usually disappointed when the Pats don't play on Sunday. I miss going to Gator's.
Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are considered to be in our viewing area. If the team is playing, they will be on television. If the team is on a bye - like Tampa Bay - we will get something else. When either or both are so lousy they cannot sell tickets they are subject to the NFL black-out and we do not see them. Which is probably why we are not watching Jax right now. I do remember seeing in the paper the other day that they would be on.

The blackout is usually a good thing - unless you want to watch who they are playing.

I consider it a gift because I now get to watch a better game.

Z
Old 10-19-2014, 03:31 PM

Last month the FCC eliminated the Blackout Rule.

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO.com
Old 10-19-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Guy View Post
Last month the FCC eliminated the Blackout Rule.

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO.com
Just to clarify my earlier post, that does not mean that the NFL is dropping the Blackout Rule, It is written into their contracts with the television networks. These contracts are in effect until 2022.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

If Miami was playing at home then the Jaguars are the televised team.. Have no idea why, that is what the husband tells me.. all I know , this is the first game the Jaguars won this year and I didn't get to watch it at home.

Last edited by Jaggy; 10-19-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you've ever wondered why so many people have Directv, this thread answers the question. NFL Sunday Ticket.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Veteran member

They lost to the Jags????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.