Buffalo Bills fan retires at half time

Buffalo Bills fan retires at half time

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I'm feeling even better today about my abandonment of the Bill's yesterday at half time. I just don't have the stamina to wait another 17 years for my team to make it to a playoff game. The world is brighter already - go Jags ! By the way where is the Jags Sunday hangout in TV ?
I'm happy for you making a better decision for yourself. I did the same thing for two years in a row when the Giant's put me at the point that I couldn't take it anymore. I burned a whole lot of Memorabilia and Giants Clothing and really don't regret it. Both times I went back to The Giants.

We stopped watching Football until this last weekend because of the stuff going on. We watched a little here and a little there last week and it was Great. I going to have to give the Jags a look. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

So did a buffalo bills player
Old 12-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Well after 40 plus years of being a true diehard Buffalo Bills fan I like Vontae Davis retired at halftime today. No more having to go to McCalls to watch a game on Sundays because (unlike stubborn me) the local TV knew not to broadcast the Bill's in the land of the south and the outcome would be the same year after year. I am proud to announce on this day my new team is Jacksonville. Much easier to find on local TV.
The television affiliates in Florida are contractually obligated to broadcast the local NFL teams. In Florida, we have 3 teams so they are essentially always on. I know this from living in NC when the Panthers were founded. Up until then the "local" team designation for NC was the Washington Redskins. There were a lot of unhappy people when they were no longer broadcast weekly like they had been for 40 years.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The Bills won the second half so perhaps it was your fault, along with Davis, that they had played so poorly the previous three halves.
Three halves and a Quarter of that game?
No wonder they were tired and gave up. ( The fans that is!)
Old 12-19-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well after 40 plus years of being a true diehard Buffalo Bills fan I like Vontae Davis retired at halftime today. No more having to go to McCalls to watch a game on Sundays because (unlike stubborn me) the local TV knew not to broadcast the Bill's in the land of the south and the outcome would be the same year after year. I am proud to announce on this day my new team is Jacksonville. Much easier to find on local TV.
I'm beginning to feel the same way about the Patriots. Not that I'm going to root for another team, it's just that I don't know if it's worth it to go to World of Beer to watch the last two games. I seriously doubt that they are going to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I just don't knlow what I'm going to do with my Sunday's now.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The television affiliates in Florida are contractually obligated to broadcast the local NFL teams. In Florida, we have 3 teams so they are essentially always on. I know this from living in NC when the Panthers were founded. Up until then the "local" team designation for NC was the Washington Redskins. There were a lot of unhappy people when they were no longer broadcast weekly like they had been for 40 years.
This is going back a few years, since I grew up in St. Petersburg the Buccaneers didn't come along until 1977. In the 60's the Miami Dolphins started play in 1966. They weren't very good for a few years and the NFL extended their territory 250 miles to Tampa/St. Pete. When they didn't have a sellout at the Orange Bowl (their stadium), which was quite often, NFL games were blacked in Tampa. I've always hated the Dolphins ever since, I guess they expected me to drive 250 miles to see a terrible team play because they weren't on TV.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm beginning to feel the same way about the Patriots. Not that I'm going to root for another team, it's just that I don't know if it's worth it to go to World of Beer to watch the last two games. I seriously doubt that they are going to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I just don't knlow what I'm going to do with my Sunday's now.
Totally unfair to us (ex) Buffalo Fans. We would find a single moment in a game and proclaim they are starting to get it together. When we got to the point in the season where it was inevitable no playoff spot (once for 17 years) we would proclaim the new coach next year has a chance at getting us back on track (to what I never did figure that out).

You have definitely not even scratched the surface of purgatory yet. You get out there to the World of Beers and drown those sorrows for the next two weeks. Don't be a wimp take like a man - two fisted.
Closed Thread

Tags
bills, buffalo, fan, year, local