Buffalo Bills fan retires at half time

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The television affiliates in Florida are contractually obligated to broadcast the local NFL teams. In Florida, we have 3 teams so they are essentially always on. I know this from living in NC when the Panthers were founded. Up until then the "local" team designation for NC was the Washington Redskins. There were a lot of unhappy people when they were no longer broadcast weekly like they had been for 40 years.
This is going back a few years, since I grew up in St. Petersburg the Buccaneers didn't come along until 1977. In the 60's the Miami Dolphins started play in 1966. They weren't very good for a few years and the NFL extended their territory 250 miles to Tampa/St. Pete. When they didn't have a sellout at the Orange Bowl (their stadium), which was quite often, NFL games were blacked in Tampa. I've always hated the Dolphins ever since, I guess they expected me to drive 250 miles to see a terrible team play because they weren't on TV.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm beginning to feel the same way about the Patriots. Not that I'm going to root for another team, it's just that I don't know if it's worth it to go to World of Beer to watch the last two games. I seriously doubt that they are going to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I just don't knlow what I'm going to do with my Sunday's now.
Totally unfair to us (ex) Buffalo Fans. We would find a single moment in a game and proclaim they are starting to get it together. When we got to the point in the season where it was inevitable no playoff spot (once for 17 years) we would proclaim the new coach next year has a chance at getting us back on track (to what I never did figure that out).

You have definitely not even scratched the surface of purgatory yet. You get out there to the World of Beers and drown those sorrows for the next two weeks. Don't be a wimp take like a man - two fisted.
Closed Thread

Tags
bills, buffalo, fan, year, local

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.