Buffalo Bills Talk

Old 09-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Now 4-0!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm not a Bills fan since the old OJ days, but my friend provides team security so I keep that to myself. Glad they're doing well though. They've had a long history of being in the dumps. So Go Bills !
Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Not to be a party pooper LOL..
but Dolphins, Jets and Pats?...

I wonder how the Bills would fare in the NFC east?
thoughts? just to create a little discussion?

I think they might be 2-2
Old 09-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Veteran member

Let's see. Last year the Bills were 4-2 aganist the AFC East. Now the Pats, well let's just say they are not the Pats so much these days as the Patsies. The Fins are a couple of years away from contending, but they did beat the Pats. The Jets just beat the Cards (is there a worse team than the Cards?) to go 2-2. The Bills are 4-0 and heading to Arizona. Who in the AFC East would the Bills not be favored to beat, and with good reason?
Let's look at the QBs. Brady goes down and so goes the Pats. If Faurve goes down the Jets have Cleo Lemon. That's right, the Cleo Lemon. If ... who is starting for the Fins? Well, that makes my point. If Edwards is hurt, JP can carry the Bills.
Enough for today, but I have been a Bills fan since the Jack Kemp days.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Platinum member

Did I ever mention that my favorite number is Number6!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Sage

alright, just because of the enthusiasm here,
I'll be a Bills fan for the AFC ,

still gotta love My Bears too , though, one year soon they'll return
(but not with Kyle Orton at the helm, nor Lovie Smith for that matter)
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 PM

I have to really agree with #6. There is very little difference between the better teams of the NFL and the average teams of the NFL. Some teams have great talent, but team organization or coaching is in the dumps. Some teams have the organization and decent talent, but get hit with a major injury. The Giants struggling with the Bengals, Washington beating Dallas, Dolphins beating NE, etc. shows it doesn't matter what division you are in.

The Bills are learning how to win, are staying relatively healthy, have an excellent organization, have developed their offensive and defensive lines, and are adding a few star players. This is all adding up to a great turn around and possibly a successful season. There are flaws in every team. Minimizing those, and maximizing the positive will go a long way.

Oh, and I have been a Bills fan a long time too, and was greatly disappointed when the Bills went with Kemp and traded Daryl Lamonica. I think they went with leadership over talent, so who is to say?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Platinum member

Hey Alex,

Holy Cow. Still tossing around that Kemp-Lamonica thing makes you as old a Bills fan as me. How many games (at $5 a pop for good seats) did you see in the Rockpile?

But, wait. There are more important issues to be settled. This JohnN guy thinks he might want to be a Bills fan all of a sudden. I don't know about you, but somehow this spur of the moment band wagon boarding seems to be kind of shallow and insincere. You know, as the season progresses we're gonnna see Bills fans everywhere. You won't even be able to get into Crazy Gringos! They will swear their loyalty but they won't have any idea of who Steve Tasker or Jim Braxton are, much less Mike Stratton or Elbert Dubenion. Don't you think we'd better to come up with some entry requirements?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 PM

How about making it a requirement that they still have a set of milk bottle caps of the '64 champiionship team? Or be able to know who the electric company were that powered the Juice? Or name one corner of the Bermuda Triangle? What will the persona be of this new team? Time will tell.

Oh, give John a break. After all, we borrowed Da Bills from Da Bears. And we did get their coach.....
Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

You guys are a bunch of newcomers to the bandwagon! Who was the first Bills player? A Beef on 'Weck for the winner.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Mallory, I have to be honest here. I thought it was Richie Lucus, as he was our first draft choice, but I see you are looking for Joe Schaffer who signed on December 5, 1959. Yes, I own a copy of Relentless. That alone should make me a real Bills fan.

Last edited by Number 6; 10-02-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Sage

Alex, Are you from the Buffalo area?
Old 10-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage

oh, I remember the Bills past vividly and fondly, though not a Buffalo kid,
Jack Kemp, Daryl Lamonica, some guy named Juice LOL

I do like Dick Jauron,

good luck Bills, I think you'll make the playoffs and win the division,
then the fun begins. I picked Jax as my SuperBowl contender,
I think Buffalo and Jax in the AFC final.

I MIGHT be tempted to root for Buffalo if that happens LOLOL, good luck all
Old 10-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Default Bills Fan

Well guys, I am not only a Bills fan, but I live 3 miles from "THE RALPH'. It is always a great turnout here and the 4 & 0 is really exciting everyone up here in Western New York. I'm coming down the end of October and may see some of you at Crazy Gringos. Thanks for the support. JanetandCarol
Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

All right, you are a fan if you remember "The Hit". BTW, I grew up in Akron (NY).

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.