Byes????

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Byes????

Now that The Patriots embarrassed themselves on national television Thursday, ( Ikkep telling myself it's only one game and they'll be back) I thought I settle in and watch the Florida teams.

Both The Dolphins and Buccaneers have byes in the first week. I didn't know that anyone had a bye in the first week.

That seems to be a huge disadvantage. A bye halfway through or toward the end of the season gives a team the chance to rest up and recover from some injuries. A bye in the first week does nothing.

Was this a change made because of the hurricane or was this the original schedule?

I hope the Jets and Bills are on television down here today, although it's difficult to watch a game and cheer against both teams.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Miami-Tampa Bay game was postponed due to Irma.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

They considered moving the game to last Thursday and or moving to a neutral site. Since both teams have identical byes in week 11, they decided to play 16 straight games without a bye after this week. I think I would of gone with a neutral site, but I believe the Miami owner losing a home game probably nixed that deal.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
They considered moving the game to last Thursday and or moving to a neutral site. Since both teams have identical byes in week 11, they decided to play 16 straight games without a bye after this week. I think I would of gone with a neutral site, but I believe the Miami owner losing a home game probably nixed that deal.
Yea, I found that out after my post. Thanks for the response. Sorry for the stupid post.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Veteran member

So the Pats had one bad game. Are you all only fair weather fans who don't/won't stand by them when they have a bad day or two????
Old 09-22-2017, 06:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
So the Pats had one bad game. Are you all only fair weather fans who don't/won't stand by them when they have a bad day or two????
I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The Patriots opened the season against Kansas City which is a very good team. In fact, I believe they have the number one defense in football.

The Patriots played poorly which they do on rare occasions and bounced back the following week.

A lot of people were giving me a hard time about how Brady was done and The Patriots had no chance this year, and my response was. "It's only one game. We'll see what happens next week."

Then the news came out that every time they lost the season opener over the past fifteen years or so, they won the Super Bowl. I also thought back to two years ago when they were blown out by the Chiefs on a Monday night and went on a tear after that.

In fact, after that first game, I made the comment to several of my friends that every other team in the NFL should be upset with the Chiefs because now Brady and Belichick were ****ed off. It wouldn't surprise me if they won out from here. It also wouldn't be shocking if they lost another game or two. But I believe that they'll win the division and go deep into the playoffs and maybe win their sixth Super Bowl.

That being said, they do need to shore up their defense and I don't know how they're going to do that. I do believe, however, that Belichick and Matt Patricia will find a way.

They miss Ninkovich big time and they need a bit more depth behind Hightower.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

They will just have to CHEAT Better! Ouch! Just Kidding!
Old 09-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
They will just have to CHEAT Better! Ouch! Just Kidding!
Have you heard the one that goes like this?

"I'm going to make sure my next girlfriend is a Patriots Fan..... they don't care if you cheat!"

Could be changed to Boston Fan also.
Closed Thread

Tags
week, bye, teams, watch, television

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.