Can we talk NFL Football for a Minute?

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2021, 01:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,124 Times in 806 Posts
Default Can we talk NFL Football for a Minute?

I have a burning question, realizing a lot of TV people are from Detroit and Chicago that support their states football teams, The Bears and The Lions.

They both have losing win and lost records for some time now and I commend you for supporting them hometown teams, BUT WOW.

What does it take for you fans to spend thousands of $$$$$$ every week/season for tickets to religiously support these teams even though you know their not going anywhere in the play offs?

Just Curious Packer fan.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I have a burning question, realizing a lot of TV people are from Detroit and Chicago that support their states football teams, The Bears and The Lions.

They both have losing win and lost records for some time now and I commend you for supporting them hometown teams, BUT WOW.

What does it take for you fans to spend thousands of $$$$$$ every week/season for tickets to religiously support these teams even though you know their not going anywhere in the play offs?

Just Curious Packer fan.
Watching the game now. These two teams are terrible. Bears hold Detroit backed up on 2 yard line and force them to punt. Then special teams miscues totally flip the field.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.
Hell, I'm a life long Bears fan and I don't even want to watch 2 lousy teams play, especially on Thanksgiving. I don't get why the NFL always has to put Detroit on every Thanksgiving. Screw tradition, give us good teams and games that mean something. This game is meaningless. They both suck!
Old 11-25-2021, 01:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
Hell, I'm a life long Bears fan and I don't even want to watch 2 lousy teams play, especially on Thanksgiving. I don't get why the NFL always has to put Detroit on every Thanksgiving. Screw tradition, give us good teams and games that mean something. This game is meaningless. They both suck!
The NFL is all about $$$$$$, that's why they created a 17-game season which
it takes it toll on injuries throughout the league.

The NFL should have their corporate offices in WDC
Old 11-25-2021, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Here is the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
After all the turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, you can have a good nap. And, when you wake up you will feel great because you didn't miss a single thing worth watching.
Turkey Day NFL match ups explained.
๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
You are welcome.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.
I grew up in Wisconsin so by necessity am a Packer fan. However, the last couple years I'm surprised when they win a game. They just don't seem to be the same caliber as some of the top teams. Of course, if Rodgers has a bad day they haven't much of a chance.
Old 11-25-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Just Curious Packer fan.
Wow, hard troll by Packers fan! Too funny!
Old 11-25-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

82 years the lions have been playing on thanksgiving , Detroit people who donโ€™t even watch football love this tradition, and maybe the game isnโ€™t great today , but at least itโ€™s not a blowout,I have bears today giving 3 , as far as not going anywhere in playoffs , you could say the same I guess about Packers with there all everything diva , he of the 1/4 championship games
Old 11-25-2021, 02:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
After all the turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, you can have a good nap. And, when you wake up you will feel great because you didn't miss a single thing worth watching.
Turkey Day NFL match ups explained.
๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
You are welcome.
Now this is funny, thanks for the laugh
Old 11-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SullyP View Post
Wow, hard troll by Packers fan! Too funny!
Not a troll, but thanks
Old 11-25-2021, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

Some of you donโ€™t understand , there is no bad game in NFL as long as there is a point spread , game score could be 30/7 with 5 minutes left still lots of eyes on game , I love the NFL and big time college games but would probably love it a little less without the spread, well Happy Thanksgiving everyone itโ€™ll soon be time to head out to dinner no mash potatoes or gravy for me but Inwill have cake seeing I walked 4 miles and road my bike for 3 lol
Old 11-25-2021, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default No mashed potatoes and gravy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Some of you donโ€™t understand , there is no bad game in NFL as long as there is a point spread , game score could be 30/7 with 5 minutes left still lots of eyes on game , I love the NFL and big time college games but would probably love it a little less without the spread, well Happy Thanksgiving everyone itโ€™ll soon be time to head out to dinner no mash potatoes or gravy for me but Inwill have cake seeing I walked 4 miles and road my bike for 3 lol
Health freak!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-25-2021, 02:49 PM

26 and 6 the last two years...What more do you want???
Old 11-25-2021, 08:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I will just stick with my Patriots. When your team is the best in league history, they are easy to follow.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I will just stick with my Patriots. When your team is the best in league history, they are easy to follow.
Might want to check that record from last season and the current standings
Closed Thread

Tags
teams, support, football, $$$$$$, week/season

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.