Colin Kaepernick as a Patriot or Panther.

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2019, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
What is that based on ? The part of "in it for himself" ?

The Villages Florida
Old 02-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Another profound, knowledge filled statement in the discussion of quarterback abilities.

Off the thread, may I say, that I join in the numbers who trust no one who uses the little cartoons instead of a brain.
I thought the cartoon said it all. It's old phrase, "Money Talks and BS Walks", he was all in until he found the pot of gold.

If Kaepernick wanted to really get back in the NFL, he could be playing right now in the AAF. They offered him a position on a team, and his answer was, I want $20 million to play. These guys are getting about $100,000 and most are very happy to be out there showing what they got and hoping for another shot in the NFL. I'm watching the AAF right now, I've seen every game, I'm sure all the NFL teams have scouts watching the games as well.

Josh Woodrum, who was Joe Flacco's backup for a couple of years, is out there playing for Salt Lake City. He was injured in the first game, but he's getting experience and trying to get back on an NFL roster.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

Why are players kneeling during the playing of our National Anthem?

NFL players kneel during the national anthem as a way to protest police brutality and racial inequality in the United States.

What players don't seem to understand is the games are played for our amusement, it's entertainment. Essentially it's a form of escape from day to day life in mostly big cities where these games are played. The owners depend on fans buying tickets, watching the games on TV, buying team merchandise. If a fan becomes disenchanted with this group of entertainers, what would they do, they could boycott, quit watching, quit going to the games.

Essentially Kaepernick and others like him are trying to do it kill the golden goose that feeds them. The owners, just like any other business owner, will not hire employees that create trouble. They call it collusion, I call it good business sense to not hire these people. Also, next time Kaepernick or his friends face trouble and call for police, they'll be glad they came. In their eyes, police are no good until you need one.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Robert Kraft

This looks like the man who would decide whether Kaepernick goes to the Patriots.

Cris Carter: Robert Kraft Fond of Colin Kaepernick, Could Be Tom Brady Successor | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
Old 02-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Default Colin kapernick

In a sense I agree with John W. At this level it is not about football as much as it is a business. Would you hire someone who is going to bring bad press, potential loss of fans and unknown problems?
Old 02-17-2019, 10:11 PM
Gold member

He would never make either of those teams. He is a has been QB with limited skills. That is the reason no team has picked him up.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Good to see that this thread stayed on a discussion of football as some tried to insist it was. Character assassination because of political stand is what this has become. No other athlete is met with such hateful and personal comments.

Wonder what the difference is ?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
He was a great player and is a great patriot. Put back on the field.

Even if this post was meant to be facetious (and I'm not alleging that it was)...
Old 02-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Good to see that this thread stayed on a discussion of football as some tried to insist it was. Character assassination because of political stand is what this has become. No other athlete is met with such hateful and personal comments.

Wonder what the difference is?

Old 02-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage

Actually, it's far from being..."that simple."

He originally sat on the bench until another player (and a vet) told him that it would be more respectful...if he kneeled.

All Kap was doing was trying to bring attention to a cause...that is very real.

Those who would prefer to ignore or turn their heads on this issue, chose to try and make it about disrespecting the flag of our country...instead of a meaningful discussion of the issue.

Of which a lot of those same people, sit in their easy chair munching away on snacks...when the national anthem is being played on the television.

Here is a very balanced view on the whole kneeling thing, including the Green Beret's opinion that Kaepernick went too far (which I agree with)...when he wore those socks.

I encourage all of those who want to know the truth (from a balanced perspective) to read this...but I won't hold my breath.

Kneeling History (click here)

Quote:
“I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in,” Boyer wrote. “It’s your inalienable right.

What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes.

I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.”

Old 02-18-2019, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Some of us hold the view there were/are many more ways to make the same statement without the disrespect....intended or otherwise.

Of course most of those would not be as controversial, hence not warranting the media frenzy validating (or not) the action.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:

Wonder what the difference is?
Compared to some other current starting QB's, much less backups, it's been blatantly obvious that his not being signed by ANY team in the NFL...wasn't about his football talent.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Some of us hold the view there were/are many more ways to make the same statement without the disrespect....intended or otherwise.

Of course most of those would not be as controversial, hence not warranting the media frenzy validating (or not) the action.
Still happy this is all about football, and certainly not assassination of a mans character because and ONLY because of politics....that might make this thread political....

I have asked the moderators to reopen the Facebook thread based on the news this morning that the Russian media (you know the trusted source) is bezerk because Facebook took down one of their "wildly popular" sites on thier. Seems to me that in concert we can condemn an American for exercising the right of free speech and also attack Facebook for taking daringly trying to protect us.

Russia's RT fumes after Facebook blocks 'wildly popular' page
Old 02-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Compared to some other current starting QB's, much less backups, it's been blatantly obvious that his not being signed by ANY team in the NFL...wasn't about his football talent.
But does his talent warrant the disruption his signing to any team will bring? He hasn't played in three years and the last two seasons he did play he was mediocre at best. Would you honestly sign him? He might work as a backup somewhere, but again, risk vs. reward. Unless he's willing to play year by year and for cheap I wouldn't want him.. JMO..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Sage

And another question......do you not long, as I do, for the day when sports was sports......and the government stayed out of it ? Recall the olympics of the 60's and other such things......all worked out....the sport took care of it, but did not involve government in any way, did not personally attack anyone.

Maybe I am old, but almost everything in the world seems to be under the jurisdiction of the government, except what used to be.....guns, etc. Maybe it is just my old age.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
And another question......do you not long, as I do, for the day when sports was sports......and the government stayed out of it ? Recall the olympics of the 60's and other such things......all worked out....the sport took care of it, but did not involve government in any way, did not personally attack anyone.

Maybe I am old, but almost everything in the world seems to be under the jurisdiction of the government, except what used to be.....guns, etc. Maybe it is just my old age.
Again, you're venturing into politics..

But yes. I long for the day that sports were sports and not a platform for whatever the cause of the day was. If I want to see activism I'll watch an award show..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
kaepernick, football, field, bone-headed, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.