Done with the NFL

Done with the NFL

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Protests
Old 09-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

Default Protests

Why does every one say they are disrespecting the Flag. CK stated that he was protesting the way that blacks are treated in this country, not the flag.

When God made me he said Ta Da!

Old 09-24-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I’ve been an NFL fan for years. Watch Fox NFL Sunday football every week religiously. Watch red zone every Sunday. But protesting the flag, kneeling and disrespecting our country is beyond but I can take. Crawling around like a dog and urinating is unacceptable. Allowing Thuggs to play in games like Ezekiel Elliott is ridiculous. Where are the standards? I’m going back to college football where there is some discipline. Both my sons and their families agree. Vote with your money And your viewership. Go ahead and flame me, I love this country and would never disrespect it.
Stop paying for NFL redzone on your tv--hit 'em in the pocketbook--stay away from advertisers that buy commercial time on NFL games--GREEN is the only color that really matters
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2017, 09:21 PM

Cancelled my NFL premium package wth Direct TV
Old 09-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Gold member

No more for me. I am disgusted at this behavior and the non stop bashing of white men who fought for this Great Country.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I’ve been an NFL fan for years. Watch Fox NFL Sunday football every week religiously. Watch red zone every Sunday. But protesting the flag, kneeling and disrespecting our country is beyond but I can take. Crawling around like a dog and urinating is unacceptable. Allowing Thuggs to play in games like Ezekiel Elliott is ridiculous. Where are the standards? I’m going back to college football where there is some discipline. Both my sons and their families agree. Vote with your money And your viewership. Go ahead and flame me, I love this country and would never disrespect it.

Totally agree with you and will do likewise ...THANKS for your common sense post!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 PM

Goodbye NFLand NBA, hello NHL and NASCAR, nothing is more important than knowing this is the greatest country on earth despite any perceived shortcomings!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Why does every one say they are disrespecting the Flag. CK stated that he was protesting the way that blacks are treated in this country, not the flag.
These players have chosen to make their protest during the anthem to our country which to me it is protesting the wrong thing and the wrong time.. It really is angering many, many people rather than gaining sympathy for their need to say that they feel that black people are being treated unfairly by law enforcement.

I can't know exactly HOW they feel because I am not black, but how one chooses to use free speech can either make a situation better or worse. I think this is making both sides angrier.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:44 PM
Sage

Default Done with the NFL

Wrapping oneself in the American flag does not make a racist invisible to what their real goals are. This story is as old as the Jim Crow laws. I’ve never, ever seen as many racists in one place as I’ve seen here. Honestly, I’m dumbfounded that smart intelligent successful people can be so ignorant not to see beyond their white skin to think that they are the only stakeholders in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2017, 05:28 AM

I agree 100%. I've been a NFL fan what seems like forever. I backed off last year due to all of their disrespect. After yesterday, I will no longer be watching. My feeling is the owners want to accept their behavior due to making money! Once the viewership/tickets to games reduce drastically, that will hit their pocketbooks. If the owners/managers/players don't have respect, I'm not watching or supporting!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Because it's easier to justify ones own bigotry/racism/prejudice against blacks...by focusing on the wrong issue.

Tags
nfl, football, sunday, country, watch