Done with the NFL

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 PM

Goodbye NFLand NBA, hello NHL and NASCAR, nothing is more important than knowing this is the greatest country on earth despite any perceived shortcomings!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Why does every one say they are disrespecting the Flag. CK stated that he was protesting the way that blacks are treated in this country, not the flag.
These players have chosen to make their protest during the anthem to our country which to me it is protesting the wrong thing and the wrong time.. It really is angering many, many people rather than gaining sympathy for their need to say that they feel that black people are being treated unfairly by law enforcement.

I can't know exactly HOW they feel because I am not black, but how one chooses to use free speech can either make a situation better or worse. I think this is making both sides angrier.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:44 PM
Sage
Default Done with the NFL

Wrapping oneself in the American flag does not make a racist invisible to what their real goals are. This story is as old as the Jim Crow laws. I’ve never, ever seen as many racists in one place as I’ve seen here. Honestly, I’m dumbfounded that smart intelligent successful people can be so ignorant not to see beyond their white skin to think that they are the only stakeholders in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2017, 05:28 AM

I agree 100%. I've been a NFL fan what seems like forever. I backed off last year due to all of their disrespect. After yesterday, I will no longer be watching. My feeling is the owners want to accept their behavior due to making money! Once the viewership/tickets to games reduce drastically, that will hit their pocketbooks. If the owners/managers/players don't have respect, I'm not watching or supporting!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Why does every one say they are disrespecting the Flag. CK stated that he was protesting the way that blacks are treated in this country, not the flag.
Because it's easier to justify ones own bigotry/racism/prejudice against blacks...by focusing on the wrong issue.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in your homes. To me, this is just another "storm in a teacup" and will blow over and you will all be watching your football games again. It's human nature, you have been whipped into a frenzy and that will cool down and everything will go back to normal.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-25-2017, 07:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I'd like to be a fly on the wall in your homes. To me, this is just another "storm in a teacup" and will blow over and you will all be watching your football games again. It's human nature, you have been whipped into a frenzy and that will cool down and everything will go back to normal.
That could indeed happen, we’ll have to wait and watch.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I’ve been an NFL fan for years. Watch Fox NFL Sunday football every week religiously. Watch red zone every Sunday. But protesting the flag, kneeling and disrespecting our country is beyond but I can take. Crawling around like a dog and urinating is unacceptable. Allowing Thuggs to play in games like Ezekiel Elliott is ridiculous. Where are the standards? I’m going back to college football where there is some discipline. Both my sons and their families agree. Vote with your money And your viewership. Go ahead and flame me, I love this country and would never disrespect it.
I don't support Thugs.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 AM

I couldn't agree more. These players that are kneeling are not oppressed. They are millionairs playing a kids game and then have the nerve to disrespect the flag and serviceman who served our country. They are thugs who would be working in a car wash if they didn't play football. And the owners are gutless also. All the owners have to do is put it in the NFL contracts that you will stand for the national anthem. The NBA does and you dont see any NBA players kneeling.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

More time in my life for Sunday golf!!!!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:50 AM

Always have preferred college ball.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry Think

Think of the the 21 year old soldier laying on a battle field and crying for his mother as he dies defending America and the flag that he fought for, or the fighter pilot who was just shot down and has a few seconds to live before his plane hits the ground and is dying protecting his America and flag or the sailor who's ship has been hit and is sinking and he will drown fighting for his America and the flag. Think of all of the young men who died for this country and the flag that it represents. Now think of the those that insult the flag that represents the reason for which many of our young men and women died. They could not carry the coffin that these men were buried in. Each should be drafted and sent to the middle east to fight for our country and learn what the flag really represents. When you watch them on the football field you are watching the dredges of the country that are demeaning the reason for the deaths of millions of our young men and women. If you have a problem with race then find another way of demonstrating your protest. Leave the memory of the ones that died for the flag with their due respect.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,419 Times in 5,109 Posts

It seems to me that the NFL is being hypocritical. Aren't they the ones who have a policy to play the national anthem before every game for the purpose of honoring our country? They should not allow anyone to interfere with that goal, including players and spectators.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

I was DONE watch'in nfl Foouse-ball last year.....
Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 AM
TOTV Moderator

The topic of this thread is Done with NFL. Several posts have ventured into political and have been deleted. Posts discussing members’ plans to watch or attend NFL games or purchase NFL gear will remain. Any posts with political references will be deleted.

If we continue to see political posts. This thread will be closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
nfl, football, sunday, country, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.